Fabricated Feelings

Sounds like a party alright

It had only taken Andrea thirty minutes to fix my hair with soft waves. It took less time than that to fix her hair. I was amazed at her. At least mine was shoulder length. Hers went below the bust. My make up took her less than five minutes, but she did spend a good twenty minutes on hers. “Andrea…”

“Yeah?” She replied as she slipped into her Dolce & Gabbana patent ankle boots. She would be pleased to know that not all of her explanations had gone to waste on me. I even knew her navy dress was Versace.

“Thanks, for bringing me with you.” I replied finally.

“MC, we’ve been best friends since…kindergarten? I want you to have fun, for once in your life.” Andrea turned to face me with a grin. “You deserve this, especially after passing freshman year with a 4.0.”

I stuck my tongue out at her, knowing she was teasing me for being a nerd. “Yeah, and it’s a good thing I was able to tutor you in science.”

She nodded and sat on the bed. “You know if you actually tried to look good, guys would be all over you.”

“I don’t want a boy who is only interested in me for my looks.”

“Guys don’t want a girl who won’t even try.” She moved to stand in front of her dresser and did a final touch up of her make up. “Come on. We got to leave soon.”

I nodded, still in awe of my best friend, and stood from her bed. “Are you sure I should even come? You know this isn’t really my thing.”

“I did not spend that entire time making you look good just for you to chicken out. Now come!” She placed her hand around my wrist and dragged me out. “At least you had gray converse,” she muttered as we walked out the door.

By the time we arrived at the scene the sun was just setting. It would have been my perfect moment, except for the blaring music. “Andrea…I thought this was a dorm party.”

“No, one of my friends just bought a house. It’s a housewarming party.” She was already opening her door, signaling that I had no choice but to follow her lead.

“How…quaint.” It took me a moment to find a proper word. The house was huge, probably half a million dollars to buy. Knowing Andrea, her friends had the money for it. It was still intimidating though; especially because my parents barely made a hundred thousand a year. I was no poor unfortunate soul. I had money; I just choose not to spend it often.

“I know! Johnny even has his own skate park back here.” She was grinning from ear to ear. “You might recognize him.”

“Yeah, sure…” I replied, a little entranced by the massive house. “Wow!” I breathed.

“Johnny was involved in every minute of the design process.” She led me inside the house, past the stumbling drunks in the driveway.

“Who is this Johnny?”

“Knoxville.” She gave me a smirk as my jaw dropped open.

“He…Johnny…Knoxville?” I stammered. She merely nodded. “He lives here?”

“Yes Maddison. He lives here. Calm down because the other guys might be here.” Andrea flipped her hair over her shoulder and smiled. “Now have fun, don’t get too drunk, and make sure the guy is cute before you have sex.” With that, she disappeared into the crowd.