The Best Of Both Worlds

Ch. 14 'Change'

I woke up. Miley was still asleep so I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and whatnot. I decided to go to Trace's room to mess with him. I grinned to myself and slowly opened the door. The grin disappeared when I saw Trace shirtless. He was practically on top of Erica and they were making out. My eyes widened and I slammed the door shut as my eyes began to water. I ran to Miley's room and slammed the door behind me. I plopped down on Miley's bed and cried.

"Aw, what's wrong Lumi?" Miley asked.

"Trace," was all I could manage to say. There was a knock on the door. Miley opened it slightly. "What?"

"Did you just come in my room?

"No."

"Lumiere?" I didn't answer, but I let out a sob. "Lumiere, what's wrong?"

"She doesn't want to talk right now go away," Miley said closing the door. She leaned against the door and pulled out her cell phone and dialed a number. "Emily, we're going to the mall call Mitchel."

"Come on we're gonna cheer you up with some shopping," she said walking over to me. I sat up and nodded. She wiped the tears away and hugged me. "Come on," she said grabbing my hand and leading me out of the room. Trace wasn't shirtless anymore. He sat on the couch with Erica. When he saw Miley and I he stood up. "Trace, she doesn't feel like talking so chill out."

Trace ignored her and walked over to me. "Are you okay Lumiere?"

"Yeah, I had a bad dream," I lied. He just stared at me and Miley pulled me away.

AT THE MALL
"I wanna do something with my hair," I said walking towards the hair salon.

I ended up getting my hair cut to my shoulders, it used to be at my waist. I also got some bangs and brown highlights, my hair is naturally black. I changed into my new clothes: a blue Mickey Mouse shirt, some green shorts, and black high-top converse. Emily and Miley painted my nails blue and then we went to the park where Mitchel waited. "Mitchel how does she look?"

He looked up and his eyes widened. "You cut your hair."

I nodded. "I had too much." He stood up. "What's the occasion?" I shook my head. "I always wanted to cut it, everything else was Miley and Emily trying to cheer me up."

He nodded. "I like it, but I prefer your hair long." I smiled at him.

"Let's go to Miley's house and get some food," Emily suggested.

"Sweet, I'm starving," I said rubbing my stomach.

BACK AT THE CYRUS HOUSE
When we made it to Miley's house we ate sandwiches and chips and watched some scary movie I've never heard of. I held onto Mitchel's shirt. I don't know why we were sitting in a dark room watching a scary movie that we've never heard of before. Mitchel was the only one who wasn't scared. Just annoyed. "No, he's behind the door!" Miley yelled.

"She's going to open the door, she's going to open the door!" Emily shrieked.

"She's going to die!" I yelled.

She put her hand on the doorknob and turned it slowly. Before she could open the door her head flew off. Miley, Emily and I screamed. Emily who was holding the popcorn accidentally threw it up in the air and the popcorn went everywhere. Mitchel groaned as I pulled his shirt. A door slammed shut and we screamed again. I felt something cold on my neck and then my back and I screamed. Then Emily and Miley were screaming. I jumped up from the couch but tripped over the popcorn bowl. I found out that it was ice.

I heard laughing and sat up. Mason and Trace were laughing their heads off. I glared at them. "Jerks!" I said throwing popcorn at them. Emily and Miley joined me. It turned into a popcorn fight. Mitchel got off of the couch and sat in a chair far away from us. He mumbled something about us being childish. Mason jumped over the couch and tackled me to the ground. I struggled to get free. I didn't want to talk to him, I didn't want to look at him, I didn't want to cry.

"You changed your hair," he stated.

"Mhmmm."

He touched my hair. "Why?"

"I dunno."

"Mason."

I shivered at the sound of her voice. Mason stared into my eyes, I closed them so he wouldn't see my eyes watering. He got up off of me. "Yes?"

"I'm ready to leave."

"Ok, well bye Trace and everyone else"

"See ya."

I just laid there with my eyes closed, secretly crying.
♠ ♠ ♠
is it getting bad?
is that why i get no more comments?
-brii