The Best Of Both Worlds

Ch. 15 'Tears'

I slept on the couch that night. I didn't want to bother Miley with my crying. I sat up and stretched. I looked at the clock. It was 11 0'clock. I was about to go to the kitchen to fix some breakfast when I heard giggling. I furrowed my eyebrows and walked towards the kitchen. I peeked over the bar and saw Trace's back and arms wrapped around his neck. I glared. It was Erica. There was a knife sitting on the bar and I picked up. I smirked to myself.

"Hey, hey put the knife down!" Miley yelled.

I cursed under my breath and sat the knife down on the bar and turned around to her. "Now back away from it slowly," she said. I rolled my eyes at her. "I was about to take it in the kitchen and put it in the sink," I said.

"Were you about to commit suicide?" Erica asked me.

I turned around to her. Trace was standing beside her. "No, I was about to put it in the sink."

"Yeah right, I know you Lumiere. You tried to do it before."

"You don't know anything about me," I snapped.

"Yes I do, for one you're my sister and two you tried it before. Just because you promised you wouldn't try again doesn't mean anyone really believed you." Erica said. "I didn't believe you, I told mom you'd try it again."

"Shut up," I said, it was probably obvious now that I was crying.

Erica sighed. "Lumiere I know how you feel. You're young and single and you're just going through-"

"Shut the hell up, you don't know anything about me so leave me alone!" I yelled and ran passed her and out of the house. All I wanted was some juice and I find my sister making out with my 'secret crush'. And dang it I didn't even brush my teeth and I'm still wearing pajamas. I sighed and started to walk to Mitchel's house. I knocked on the door and Mason answered it. "Hi Lumi," he said.

"Do you have an extra toothbrush?" I asked dully.

"Why do-"

"Do you?"

"Yes, yes, follow me."

He gave me a toothbrush and I brushed my teeth and then walked down the stairs to their living room. Mitchel and Mason sat on the couch talking.

"Mitchel, I have to ask you a very important question," Mason said.

"and that is?"

Mason took a deep breath. "Does Lumi have a boyfriend?"

Mitchel let out a laugh. "Why?"

"Mitchel just answer the question."

"Not yet."

"What do you mean not yet?"

"Nothing, I just mean not yet."

"Are you planning on asking her out?"

Mitchel let out another laugh. "Not really."

"Good."

"Why do you care?" Mitchel asked curiously.

"I just-"

"Do you want to go out with her?"

"What? No!"

I couldn't help it. Tears started to roll down my cheeks. I ran through the living room and out of their front door. I heard Mitchel call my name, but I kept running. Then I just realized I wasn't wearing any shoes either. I didn't really care though. I walked around for a while in my pajamas. When it got dark and I was sure everyone had forgotten all about me I went to the park. I went to the kid side and crawled into the tunnel. Tonight this is my bed. Tonight this is my home. I wrapped my arms around my knees and laid down and let the tears come.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment, subscribe?
thanks for those who commented today.
they made me happy.
so i decided to put up chapter fifteen too!
<3brii