The Best Of Both Worlds

Ch. 38 'Musso or Cyrus?'

MASON'S POV

I couldn't sleep. I hadn't got a chance to ask Lumi out yet and I think she was spending the night at the Cyrus' house. What if Trace tried to take her from me? Ok, now I'm being stupid. First of all she's not mine and secondly I don't think Trace likes her like that. They've been friends for a pretty long time and if they liked each other they would've been dating. I walked down the stairs and laid on the couch. My eyes were closing as sleep finally tried to take over, but then I heard sobs. I sighed and got up from the couch and walked towards the door. I looked out of the peephole and saw Lumiere. I quickly opened the door. "Lumi, what's wrong?" I asked.

She looked up at me and then wrapped her arms around me. I hugged her back as she cried and closed the door and led her into the living room. "Lumi, what happened? Did Trace do something?" I asked as she started to calm down. She shook her head. "Then what's wrong? Why did you leave the Cyrus' house?" she shrugged. I hugged her tighter and sighed. "It's okay Lumi, if you don't want to we don't have to talk about it," I whispered.

REGULAR POV

I didn't want to tell him. I didn't want to be all like "Oh, I think my sister and Trace are engaged and I really wish it was Trace and me." I don't think he'd be happy at all. I didn't want to hurt him like Trace was hurting me. "It's okay Lumi, if you don't want to we don't have to talk about it," he whispered to me. I closed my eyes trying to belong here. Trying to feel warm. I snuggled closer to him trying to want to stay forever. Like I felt with Trace.

When I woke up I was in a comfy place. I was in Mason's bed. I sat up and stretched and then I went into the bathroom and there were some clothes laying on the counter for me with a toothbrush and two towels on top. I smiled slightly and shut the bathroom door.

TRACE'S POV

I opened my eyes. There was a smile on my face, but it disappeared when I saw that not Lumiere was lying next to me, but Erica. I sat up and Erica opened her eyes. "Morning sleepyhead," she said with a smile. I got up out of the bed and then left the room. Maybe Miley warned Lumiere and she went into Miley's room before Erica saw her. I knocked on Miley's door and it opened . "What?" she asked.

"Um, is Lumiere in there with you?"

She raised her eyebrow. "No, she slept with you."

"I thought so too. When I woke up Erica was there and not Lumiere."

"Well...wait what?" I nodded. "Maybe she's down stairs?" Miley asked. I sighed and we headed down the stairs, but Lumiere wasn't there.

"What's wrong?" Erica asked walking down the stairs.

"What did you do to Lumiere?" Miley asked. Erica looked offended. "Nothing!" Miley rolled her eyes. "You told her to leave or something didn't you?" "I didn't even see her when I got here," Erica replied.

"Whatever," Miley said and pulled out her cell phone. "Hello, Mitchel? Did Lumiere happen to go over there?" "Hmmm, I see." "Ok, bye." She hung up and looked at me. "Well, Lumiere's not at Mussos' well, she was, but she left...with Mason." I hated Mason so much right now.

REGULAR POV

When I got changed into a white hello kitty shirt and some skinny jeans Mason and I went to Denny's for breakfast. I stared at him as he scanned the menu. I couldn't help but giggle. He was adorable. He looked up from the menu and at me.

"What?" I smiled and shook my head. "Well, I know what I want now."

"What's that?" I asked.

"Pancakes." He answered.

I laughed. "You took almost 2 hours looking over the menu and decided you'd have pancakes?"

"Um, yeah?" The waitress came over and took our order. I was going to share pancakes with Mason. I wasn't so hungry and I didn't want to waste food if I didn't finish it.

"I don't want this anymore," Mason said when our waitress sat the pancakes in front of him.

"You took two hours looking at the menu, then decided you wanted pancakes and now you're not hungry?" I asked Mason with raised eyebrows. He didn't reply. He just stared at me, making my heart beat twice as fast. "you're beautiful," he said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy belated Easter[:
&&thanks for the many comments.
<3brii