The Best Of Both Worlds

Ch. 8 'Finally'

What if they heard our conversation? What if Trace heard me say I liked him? What if Mason heard me saying that I'd like to kiss him again? My heart pounded against my chest. I took deep breaths to try to calm myself down.

FRIDAY
They didn't hear anything. Or if they did they're playing as if they didn't. They hadn't mentioned anything about that night so neither have I. I was changing into a black shirt that said 'I heart Metro Station' on it in white letters. Miley and I designed it ourselves. I wore some black jeans that I cut into shorts and my high-top lime green converse. I put on some eyeliner and left my hair hanging down.

"Miles, are you ready?" I yelled.

Miley came into her room in the same Metro Station shirt, some blue jean shorts and some low-top pink converse. She laughed when she saw me. "I believe we could be twins," she said.

I shrugged. "You're just a copycat and I'd be the sexier twin anyways. So, ready?"

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah."

"Lets go support Metro than," I said excitedly hooking my arm with hers. We walked sown the stairs where Trace was leaning against the wall waiting for us. "Your brother is gonna be the death of me," I whispered to Miley. She just laughed. Seriously though, Trace was wearing a vest, just a vest and black skinny jeans that were way too tight for him, but I liked it.

"Are you girls ready?" he asked as we made it down the stairs.

"Yeah, we're ready," Miley answered. I was too busy staring at him up and down.

"Finally," he mumbled.

I will swim the ocean for you, the ocean for you. Whoa oh Kelsey.

Miley, Mitchel, Emily and I stood in the front singing along with tem. The crowd was crazy. They didn't have like a million people, but they had a nice amount of people in the crowd. "This one is for my good friend Lumiere," Trace said into the microphone. "it's called shake it." He looked at me and winked and I blushed. Miley nudged me and smirked. "Let's drop!" I screamed and started to sing along and dance. I go crazy at this song.

There were a lot of screaming girls. It was crazy. We moved through the crowd to meet them by the bar. "You guys rocked!" I yelled over the screaming fans when they reached us. Trace grinned at me. "We know."

"Excuse me," a girl said softly. We all turned to look at her. She blushed slightly. "Um, can you, can you sign this?" she asked holding up a book. "Sure," Trace said taking the book and the marker from the girl. He signed it then passed it to the other guys. Then she turned to Miley. "My sister loves you, can you sign this for her?" she asked holding up a Hannah Montana poster. "Sure, anything for a fan," Miley said smiling.

I sat on a stool bored out of my mind while the seven of them continued to sign stuff. "Jealous?" I turned around to see Mason standing behind me a smirk on his face. I shrugged. "A little," I admitted.

He grinned and I rolled my eyes. "Go enjoy your fame," I said annoyed and turning away from him. "I'm through signing stuff for now, I want to talk to you." I gulped and turned around. "Ok." He grabbed my hand and led me outside through the back door.

"So?"

"So um...well you know the kiss at Cici's?" he asked stuffing his hands in his pocket.

I swallowed and nodded slowly. "Yeah?"

"Well, um I kinda...Lumi I don't hate you."

"I know," I said sighing.

"Well, um and yeah..."

It was silent for a moment. "I heard you and Miley the other night," Mason finally said. I gulped and bit my lip. "Did you hear everything?" I asked softly. He nodded slowly and I cursed under my breath. I stood there awkwardly. I turned to face him and he was looking at me. "Mason, I-" before I was able to finish his lips were crushing mine. His hands snaked around my waist and I put my hands on his shoulders.

"Lum-"

"Aw!"

I pulled away from Mason and turned around. Emily and Miley stood with big grins on their faces. I was blushing madly and Mason stood there awkwardly beside me. "Um...I'm, I'm gonna go find Trace," he said walking away. I bit my lip. "Aw, so tell us what happened!" Miley said excitedly.

"We were just talking and then he kissed me," I said with a shrug.

"Really? He kissed you?" Miley asked. I nodded.

"Aw, so are you two like a couple now?" Emily asked.

"No," I said making a face.

"Ask him!" Miley suggested.

"But-"

"I'm sorry Lumi, but Trace doesn't find you attractive so just get over him!" Emily said.

"Emily," Miley snapped.
♠ ♠ ♠
I LOVE EVERYONE WHO READS THIS STORY. BUT I LOVE EVERYONE WHO COMMENTS IT MORE! <3 brii