Sequel: Resurecting Love

Desolate Love

Chapter Six

*

School... It sucked like ever when lunch came I was just dying to talk to David. I walked up the steep forty stairs.

I opened the door to find Mr. Button shooing David Tennant from the It room.

I could feel his stare digging into me like a thousand fires had just erupted in my brain. He was walking up to me.

Come on Suki, be yourself, what the hell am I doing? I’m nervous? Jesus bloody Christ I fancy him!

He stopped right in front of me.

“It’s closed today.” He said in a deep but heavenly manly tone. “Can I walk you down the stairs?” He asked me. I shook myself as I was standing stock still.

“Oh. Yeah. Sure.” I said. I looked down at the ground.

OH FUCK IT! I’m blushing!

I turned round; he opened the swing door that I had come through two minutes before.

“Ladies first.” He said.

“Thank you.” I said.

We started walking down the long stair case.

“So what’s your name?” He asked. “I don’t want to seem rude or anything it’s just I’ve seen you so many times but I don’t know your name.” He said.

“My names S…”

“David!” It was Nicole! Bitch! “Someone told me you were up here.” She smiled at him.

When she saw me, her smile faded and her stare turned into a … Get away from a cool person… Look.

“What are you looking at? Freak.” She said to me. I knew I’d regret this later but what the hell…

“I’m looking at a wart in a cheerleader’s uniform that will sooner or later find out that she has no friends.” I smiled at her and then started walking quickly down the rest of the stairs.
I heard her whispering something to David, my only real chance to talk to him and I’ve blown it, completely.

I walked outside turned the corner and headed for the bushes. Tucker and I had made our own secret place where we like to go and let our feelings out. There was even a wooden stool that I’d nicked to sit on.

“Cool hide out.” I heard a familiar voice say behind me. I turned round.

“David?” I said stunned. “What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I’ve come to see you actually. I want to get to know you.” He answered.

“I’m not excepting that as an answer; guys like you don't even know that, girls like me exist.” I said.

“We do. Trust me.” David said. “Especially, when they are beautiful.”

I stood up frozen. I probably looked like a gold fish my mouth was open from shock.

“Well say something.” David said. He went and sat on the floor in front of me.

“Thank you.” I almost stuttered. “This is mine and Tucker’s hide out where we come and let our feelings out.”

“Oh cool. So it’s like your very own sanctuary.” He smiled.

“I suppose.” I nodded as I sat back down.

“Thank you for having a go at Nicole.”

“My full hearted pleasure.” I smiled. “I hate her.”

Oh that was a stupid thing to say… She’s his girlfriend… He won’t want me to have a go at her…

I’m so bloody stupid.

“Really, I wouldn’t go as far as to say I hate her but she does annoy me. Yes.” He said.
Phew at least I haven’t been a total utter nin con poop. That’s Tom word.

I laughed.

“So what’s your name?” He questioned. “What year are you in?” He asked.

“Guess. What about Nicole? Won’t she be wondering where you are?” I told him.

“I told Nicole that I had something I needed to do. So she left me and wandered off to her friends.” He said. “Are you in year eleven then?”

“No.” I answered. “So the thing you wanted to do was get to know me?”

“Well, yes, I mean I am allowed to do that aren’t I?” He asked. “Are you in year ten then?”

“Yes.” I smiled. “I just don’t believe you. You would rather get to know me than snog your girlfriend. I had you all wrong.”

“So your in year ten well at least I’m getting somewhere.” He laughed. “What did you think of me then?”

“I didn’t know what to expect. I thought you were someone that was stuck up and proud just like Nicole. I don’t even know you that well and I’m telling you stuff that’s personal. That’s weird.” I said. “You’ve only been guessing for less than one minute and your making it
sound hopeless.”

“Maybe it is.” He said. “Just because you’ve just met me, it doesn't mean that you haven’t met the real me. This is me. The person in the corridors is someone that tries to fit in.”

“Maybe but you still need to guess my name…” Our eyes were focused on each others. The more we stared the more we knew about each other.

David got up and came over to me, he took my hand and helped me up. He then looked down into me eyes.

He was leaning in for a kiss. I tilted my head slightly.

“Any one there?” It was the sound of Tucker’s voice.

“Tucker.” I said. David looked at me.

“Oh here you are…” Tucker trailed off when he saw David Tennant next to me. “Was I interrupting something?” He asked.

“No. I was just leaving.” David said.

“Oh, right.” Tucker responded.

As soon as David was gone, I almost melted, he almost kissed me!

“Are you alright Suki?” Tucker asked as I hadn’t said anything.

“I almost kissed David Tennant I’m on the moon.” I giggled.

“You’ve got hysteria. Ok great.” He sat me down. “So how’d it go when you told him you
email him?”

“I never told him that. It couldn’t be him anyway. He doesn’t talk to people like that.”

“How’d you know that? Why was he here?”

“I don’t know. He just said that he wanted to get to know me.”