My Life... Bleeding on the Bathroom Floor

Bleed It Out

I felt something wet beneath my left hand, and every time I tried to move it it would sting. I smirked into my bed spread, I remember the blissful pain I had endured only hours before. I sat up, checking out my hand. The cuts were small and big, deep and shallow... the dried blood cracked as I flexed my fingers. I watched the flakes fall gracefully to the marble floor, looking from it to the gigantic blood stain on my bed where my hand once was. I carried on smirking, getting to my feet, I walked out of my room to the balcony.

"Oh... I remember Daddy... I remember everything. 'Tis hard to forget the events that have occurred in this house. Every drop of blood that fell... every word I screamed at her, your funeral was no fun."

Well, it wasn't supposed to be a cheery place now was it? a voice spoke from the depths of my mind, accented with an echo.

"Shut up. I would have at least like to have known they guy better... I mean, I was told I wasn't even supposed to be there. I barely remember him...."

That's a lie. You remember him very clearly. this voice was rather snooty.

"Rather have and not need than need and not have." I snapped, I could care less that I overlooked my huge driveway, arguing with myself. I argued with my voice for a little while longer, soon giving in to it. I stepped back into my room, closing the doors behind me, I checked my voice mail. I had...seven?

"Mercy girl! Whatcha up to? I hear you're going out with that cute Sonny kid! Is it true? Call me back!" I deleted it, making mental note and listening to the next one.

"Hey... Mercy, it's Gee... can we talk sometime? I really need to tell you something... please call me back."

"Mercy! How are ya Sunshine? How about you and Sonny come over sometime to hang out. Like Saturday maybe? Get me back babes. Love ya!" Frankie. It hurt to hear his voice so happy. If I show up without Sonny... he'll get nosy. Can't bring him down... can't bring him down....

The next two were from my mom, she wanted to know where I was and told me to be home before one. The other told me that Nikki had stopped by. I rolled my eyes, Nikki wasn't ever really a friend... an acquaintance is more the correct term.

"Mercy. I know what happened. Please come home... please... for me?" Frankie again. Sonny must have called him asking for me. Damn it!

"Baby...please pick up. It's me, Sonny, I'm sorry. I'm really sorry for all I said...please forgive me Mercy please! I love you you know that, right? Please...come back to me..." The tears slipped from my eyes, starting the soak attack on my shirt. I love him... right? I love him but I have feelings for Frank....

"Why damn it, why?!" I screamed, dropping my phone. Landing with a clatter, it opened, my wallpaper shone. It was a picture of me and Sonny... at the top it read... My Sonny-Bunny. I cried harder. I do love him! I love him so much! I picked up the phone and dialed his number.

"Baby?" he answered.

"Sonny-Bunny... I love you too much to leave. Please forgive me... please."

"Done and done... forgive me too?"

"Always baby. I miss you."

"Where are you, I'll be there soon."

"Newark... the old manor. You remember?"

"Yes. Hold on tight, I'll be there as soon as I can, love."

"Please hurry. I'm scared...." He said he loved me one last time, and I hung up reluctantly. I wandered around my house one last time, I decided to finally bandage my abused hand. I winced as I cleaned it, I saw the amounts of cuts on it... nothing compared to my old scars. I wrapped in gauze, and heard the door bell ring and the door open.

"Sonny!"

"Mercy Where are you?" I ran down the hall, my footsteps echoing in the marble halls, I ran half way down the stairs, and stopped. Sonny stood in the entrance hall, looking amazed.

"Sonny! You came!" I ran the rest of the way and threw my arms around him. He returned my hug, and whispered in my ear that he loved me. I could feel the warmth of his sincerity flow through me. I detached my arms from his neck and kissed him hard on the lips. Running his tongue along my bottom lip, I let him in, and what came nest was a little unexpected....