My Life... Bleeding on the Bathroom Floor

I Just Wanted To Settle This Now...

I stood at his doorstep. I've found you... I'm settling this now... Sonny.

I rang the doorbell and a voice I recognized opened the door.

"Hello Nicole. I know he's here, no excuses thank you. Let him know I'm here, and if he's got enough backbone to face me then he'll answer to this...." I pause and gathered myself for my call for him. "Sonny-Bunny! My baby boy!" And sure enough, he came racing down the hall, and pushed Nikki aside.

"You're alive! I can't believe you're okay!"

"Liar. Face me correctly." I said sternly. His smile dropped.

"I told you more than once that if I ever tried to kill myself that you would let me go. You never kept your promise that I made you swear on your life to keep." I scowled as he shrank under my gaze, holding it feebly.

"And so here I stand, strong and a survivor of the suicide attempt. A survivor of the terrors that plague me in my sleep. Savoring the daylight as it lasts, before I'm forced into a drug induced coma, awakened by your voice telling me I was supposed to die, and that you smiled as I crashed to my driveway...." I was beginning to boil internally, and the heat was radiating from me like a vent was screwed into my face.

"And I'm here to thank you... for placing me where I belong." He looked up at me, now more built and structured than before.

"I'm happy with Frank, and I'm pretty sure you think we're over. Seeing's how you're now drilling my former friend... there is no more 'Sonny and Mercy Forever'. So please, don't take it as personally as I deeply want you to, and don't call me unless you're missing a limb." I turned and walked away, both Nikki and Sonny's jaws basically fallen to the pavement of their home. I hopped into the car with Frankie, and we drove away, the both of us smiling like maniacs.