My Life... Bleeding on the Bathroom Floor

How'd You Get My Number?

After the bell rang, me and Frank went to our lockers and met up under the big pine tree in the front of the school. Nikki spotted us and ran over smiling widely.

"Hey Mercy! Um... who is this?" she cocked a suspicious eyebrow.

"Nikki, this is Frank, Frank this is my best friend Nikki." I stated pointing to each.

"Kay, enough formal talk. I love your lip ring Frank!"

"Sweet snakebites." he said rather flatly, staring into space.

"Frank, are you okay? You seem a bit out of it."

"Oh... what? Uh, yea, just thinking is all."

I shrugged and began talking to Nikki about random stuff. Music and such. Well Frank had to go, so me and Nikki walked home, in semi silence. 'He's so cool!, I thought, 'oh yea, he's awesome! Yay Frankie!' I giggled and Nikki glanced around at me. I ignored her and walked on. The name Frankie suited him best, but it some how seemed familiar, I forgot about it after music played in my head.

I bobbed my head to the beat and to the rhythmic slapping of my Converse on the pavement. I got home and slammed the door shut, signifying that I was home. I flopped onto my bed, and stared at my black ceiling. Then my wrist became very interesting, I had a black leather wristband on, a small silver clasp on the bottom. I had rigged it, you see, for my razor to fit inside the secret pocket. Yea, creepy I know, but hey, who ever said cutting wouldn't one day save my ass? You never know.

My cell phone began to ring, Misfits played into my room, breaking the loved silence. I looked to see who it was, Nikki.

"Speak woman." I laughed.

"You know that Frank guy?"

"Duh, what about him?"

"He lives a few blocks away from your house!"

"So? You call me to tell me that?" I questioned, severally confused.

"Oh you know you like it!"

"Alright, you said it now let me go, I've got stuff to do."

"See ya later Mercy!"

"Bye Nikki."

I closed my flip phone and laid it down beside me. It rang again, Misfits blasting. I looked who it was, unknown caller. I answered.

"Hello? Who is this?" kind of a dumb thing to say.

"Uh, Mercy? That you?" Frank's voice filtered into the phone.

"Uh... yeah. How'd you get my number?"

"Internet is an amazing thing ya know."

"That's kinda creepy, but at least it's you and not some forty-year-old freak who wants to rape me." he laughed and so did I.

"Yeah, you're right! Well, what's up with you?"

We talked for an hour and a half, then three knocks on my door told me dinner was ready. I said my good-byes and left my phone on my bed. Terribly skinny as I was, I had no problem with eating. I took my plate into my room and turned on my TV. I ate in silence as I stared into the TV. I wanted to call Frank back, but decided against it. I put my plate by the door and crawled into bed. Sleep was hard to come by, but tonight, I actually got some.