My Life... Bleeding on the Bathroom Floor

You Make Everything Seem Better

I was awoken by someone shaking me. I opened my eyes, Frank was staring at me. He had obviously been looking for me, why else would his eyes be so wide?

"Your house is too big! It's a wonder how you don't get lost." he laughed.

"I lived here up until I was twelve, hard to forget, could you let go of my shoulders, you're hurting me!" I asked groggily.

He released his firm grip and the blood came back to my shoulders, numbing them. I want to sleep, oh to hell with it! I want to leave this tomb! I brushed past Frank, who followed me with his green orbs, but stayed rooted to the spot. I knew he would understand, I just was too stuborn to talk to him about it. I listened to my converse slap against the marble staircase, the echo was somewhat soothing. I reached my room and flopped down on my bed, wishing my old Nanny wasn't six feet under too. She died when I was ten, that's when I shut my mother out entirely. I heard a light knock on my door,

"Frankie?"

"Yeah, can I come in?"

"Of course you can." I smiled faintly as he opened the door. I sat up and patted the spot next to me, I couldn't let him stand could I?

"I remember." he simply stated.

"I remember that day, the hearse, I cried for you that morning. I couldn't stop, I felt so bad for you. My parents were fighting, and I was too young to fully understand what happened to you. I wasn't properly sheltered, so I knew all about death, but you were. I had no idea what you were feeling. I'm so sorry, I just wish I could have helped you more." he murmured, a single hot tear rolled down my cheek.

"I'm sorry I forgot about you, I was so wrapped up in myself, I never thought about you. I always thought you... disappeared."

He laughed slightly. "No, I waited in the tree, every day for a month, then I knew you were never coming back to play with me."

"Ooh! I'm so sorry Frankie!" I wrapped my arms around his neck loosly in a friendly hug, which he returned.

I layed down and he just sat there. I raised and eyebrow at him, he shrugged and layed down next to me on my tremendous bed, plenty of space between us. We talked, giggled, and had pillow and tickle fights for hours. While we were slapping each other with my pillows, I slammed into my closet, opening the door. Out of nowhere, a big black case came tumbleing out, followed by another. One wacked me over the head, I swore loudly and looked at the cases with one eye. My other snapped open and I scrambled over to them. One had silver lettering, it read 'Nightmare'. The other was a red rimmed case, ruby-like lettering, it read 'Bloodlust'.

"Holy fucking shit! I thought that bastard sold them! I can't belive it!" I almost squealed in joy. They were my guitar, and bass.

"What bastard?" Frank asked confused out of his mind, knowing my mother was single and always had been as far as he was conserned.

"When I was five my mom was dating this prick John, and he said he would sell them, so I hid them in here," I smirked pointing to my closet. "and he never found them I guess." I crawled into my dark abyss of a closet, pushing through dusty junk, searching for my only two....

"Amps! Ha! He didn't find those either, damn I'm good!" I gleefully squealed.

"Dude! You've got Pansy's twin!" Frank exclaimed from outside the mess.

I clambered out and dusted myself off, looking up with a confused eyebrow cocked.

"My guitar, Pansy. Nightmare looks just like her, hell! Nightmare is her!"

"Nice! Would you do the honors?" I questioned, mocking a english accent.

"My pleasure!" he jumped up and down, grabbing the amp, expecting it to be lighter, but ended up dragging it out. I giggled.

I grabbed my amp and Bloodlust, and dragged it over to Frank. I grabbed a CD and placed it into my stereo system, it was a Green Day CD, I love them! When Frank heard the first chords, he yelled, "Yes!" and started struming Nightmare like he owned that song. I plugged in Bloodlust and picked up where I belonged. We rocked out to the whole CD about a million times straight. I rested Bloodlust down and flopped backward onto my bed and yawned. I glanced at the clock, two 'o clock am, damn. Frank crawled into my bed and layed down.

"You sure can rock out! Damn, I haven't done that in a good amount of time." he added panting.

I was amazed at his amount of energy, jumping around, thrashing and spinning, crashing to the floor, never stopping for a breath. I swear, this boy couldn't be anymore energetic, or it would look like he was in fastforward mode! I laughed to myself at the vision of Frank in that state. He looked at me funny I just shook my head smiling. A few moments later, I took one last hard look at him, he was fast asleep. I yawned, stretched, got to get an extra blanket for Frank. I draped the blanket over him and climbed in on my side.

'I have to admit, Frank is pretty cute when he's asleep!' I thought to myself. I smiled and hid under my thick blankets.

I jolted awake, five 'o clock a.m., and felt his breath on the back of my neck. I tried to push him a little ways back, but his eyes closed tight and mumbled, "No, don't leave me!", and snuggled up closer to me. I smiled and turned to face him. Pressing my forehead to his, I closed my eyes, and fell asleep again.