My Life... Bleeding on the Bathroom Floor

You're The Only Place That Feels Like Home

Frank's P.O.V.

She ran out to the balcony, and her mother just stood there shaking her head. I couldn't help the growing fury inside me.

"Well? Shouldn't you go help her?!" I said angrily.

"No. Frank, I gave up on her a long time ago." she turned around and walked out of Mercy's bedroom.

I quickly walked out to the balcony, it wrapped around the house a bit. She was nowhere to be seen. I didn't quite know why she freaked out, but it hurt me all the same. I walked slowly back inside, closing the sliding glass door behind me. I stared at the bed for a moment, then shuffled my feet torward the bathroom.

Mercy's P.O.V.

I was curled up in my beanbag chair, listening to the soft tinkling of wind chimes in the fan. It got really hot in here, so I turned on the fan. I began humming the song I wrote for Frank, it reminded me of him so much. I feel bad for running out on him like that, I know my mother has given up on me, so has the rest of the world. Nikki bearly talks to me anymore, so all I have is Frank. I stopped humming when I heard a door slam, the bathroom door. I heard stomping and grunting, Frank was angry. Then, once I pressed my ear against the wall to hear more, I heard crying.

"Why? What did I do?" he wimpered. My heart sank, what have I done?

"I shouldn't have asked, damn this huge house!" I gave a dry chuckle, it was empty of emotion. He sniffed, my heart sunk still, I felt so horrible for doing that to him.

'I have to fix this now!' I thought, gathering myself up from the squishy beanbag chair.

I slipped down the staircase, slid the secret door open and rushed out into the warm afternoon air. I opened the door and walked over to the bathroom door.

"Frankie?" I asked, my voice wavered a bit.

He cracked the door open, and poked his head out, his nose coliding with mine. I giggled whilst rubbing my nose, he rubbed his laughing. I walked up to him and hesitated, but I hugged him tight, I never wanted to let go.

'Am I falling for Frank? The song, this funny feeling in my gut... am I?' I wondered while hugging my best friend. I heard a knock, we broke apart, and my mom popped in.

"C'mon you two, we're leaving. Time to get home." I smiled, but it was meaningless. I was confused, was I falling for Frank, have I? He grabbed my hand and lead me all the way to the car. I can't wait to go home, but this house... it's fateful past, may just be turning around.

"So, what are you gonna do when we get back?" Frank inquired, turning to me from the window.

"I don't know, just hang around I guess, go for coffee, CD shopping mabey...." But what I was saying in my head was a little different.

'Spend as much time as I can with you... oh yeah... I've totally fallen for him.'