A Love Like This

Part II

He told me about the girl at his school that he's liked for three years. I don't know why but I was just jealous, I was also scared. Scared that he would choose her over me. I already fell for him, what would I have done if he up and left me (so to say)? If that was to happen, I would never be able to love again, or let any man in my heart. I would become a bitter woman, I didn't want that. He was the only thing keeping me sane in life. The only thing I had to look forward to during my days and nights. Our long conversations, I couldn't deal without them. He had me hooked on him like crack cocaine. It was insane, and I admitted that. I even tried to let go of him at times because I felt as if he wasn't opening up enough. I didn't know what was going on, I was so confused. I knew he cared, he had let that be known. He just ignored me at times, and he'd change the subject or not even answer at all. Instead, he'd just put dots, as if he was pausing. Though everytime I tried to walk away, I ended up right back at my computer screen. Sending him another message. I couldn't let him go, something was there. It was just meant to be.

I was sad, because my birthday had past and I wanted to spend it with him. Though things didn't work out. He was too busy with school, and life. This was before he had opened up to me though. Before we opened up. Before things grew into the unimaginable. I actually did let go of him once, so to say. We weren't talking as often as we used to and I was still confused. So I started talking to someone else and, we were going to spend the summer together. Finally, Korey opened up to me and he said, "I care, and you knew that. Yet you don't give a shit anymore since some guy is coming to Houston." but what he didnt know was that I did care. I never stopped caring. He had my heart the whole time and no one, nothing could change that. It was our destiny. His initials is my first name, we were born in the same hospital. His dad's initials will be mine, once we get married. And we will, get married. There's just too many signs that point to us being together, for us to be apart. I couldn't stop caring for him. Not back then, not now, and not ever.

So we cleared things up, I wasn't flirting with anyone else, he wasn't either. We weren't together, yet we still cared. Months had passed, and he still hadn't said the words that I had said to him, "I love you." I was dying to hear them, but I was patient. I had to be. I remember it like it happened just today though. July of 2007, when he called me after getting off from work, just to say hello and ask how I was doing. It only lasted about 15 minutes but the last thing he said to me was, "But I love you, I bet you weren't expecting that." and he hung up. He sounded so sincere, yet so silly, so nervous. I loved it. That's the first time my eyes had ever watered up from joy. I was upset because he hung up, yet I was happier than ever because of the words he said. I couldn't wait to talk to him again, so I could mention it. So I could hear it again, but I never thought I would be able to hear it, every night. Like I do now.

Now my birthday was coming up again, we had known eachother a year now. So I asked him to spend the day with me at the mall. Yet, he had to work. I was disappointed, again. But I wouldn't let it pass this time, I was going to see him no matter what, because I couldn't take being away from him. I had do everything in my power to see him that day. So, Saturday came, the day after my birthday. And I asked my Uncle to take me to Wal-Mart because I had a friend who worked there, that I wanted to see for a few minutes. So he drove me up there, and I was calm until we pulled into the parking lot. Then reality hit me, "What am I doing?" I asked myself as he parked. "Oh Lord, my stomach feels sick." I kept thinking once I got out the truck, and as I was walking my head started to feel light and I felt like I was going to pass out. It got even worse when I walked through the doors. I was wearing my black capri's with a white shirt and red jacket. The deli area was right there, which made me even more nervous. And when I saw it, I saw a man walking away from the counter, and I just knew it was him. He didn't see me, because he walked into the back. So I had to get my head straight, I had to get my thoughts together and let my heart calm down. I walked towards the bread, with my hands on my head just thinking, "Man, I'm so nervous." Then I turned around, and there he was, looking at me.

When he noticed who I was, he started smiling from ear to ear. So of course, naturally I did too. I walked up to the counter, and we didn't take our eyes off eachother once. Until I got in front of him, he was so nervous, I could tell by the look in his eyes. Yet, I was too. Who was I kidding? He didn't even say anything for a few minutes, so I spoke up first, "Hello," and he just smiled.

"You just showed up?" he asked,
"Yeah"
"How?"
"I got my Uncle to give me a ride."

After a few sentences, a customer came to the counter so he had to help her. I walked back a few steps, just watching him, and he was watching me. I stood against a pole, in perfect view of him and he kept looking my way, laughing and shaking his head. I still don't know why he was doing that, but I loved it. He had such an amazing smile, and I couldn't get over the look in his eyes. I wanted to hug him, or at least stand right in front of his face, but instead...a counter seperated us, and customers kept coming and coming. We couldn't talk, and I couldn't keep my Uncle waiting. I had to leave. So I took one last look at him, and he didn't even see me walk off. I was hoping that he wouldn't be upset at the way that I left. You know, without saying goodbye. I'm sure he would understand. I hoped he did, and it's weird, right when I got in the truck, I wanted to go right back. Just to look at him again. I didn't even know when I was going to see him, if I was going to see him. Yet September 8th was only the beginning of a beautiful relationship.
♠ ♠ ♠
I swear, I'll never forget that day.