Put Your Hands Up And I'll Copy You

Chances, chances.

In case you’re wondering, I didn’t go to the party. We ended up walking on the beach for what seemed like three hours. I ended up so exhausted and cold that I didn’t even protest when Max gave me his jacket, or when he put his arm around my shoulders. When we finally decided to turn around and walk back to his house, Paige realized that we right outside of Jon’s house. So we stayed there for the night, and my neck hurt for at least a week afterwards because of how uncomfortable the couch was.

But that was two weeks ago.

I felt something vibrate against my leg, and heard music in the background somewhere. I looked around, startled, then realized that it was just my cell phone. It was almost midnight, who could be calling me now? I didn’t recognize the number, so I picked it up.

“Hello?”

“Hey, is this Jamie?” The voice said.

“Um, yeah, who is this?”

“I’m Sebastian. You don’t know me.”

I actually held the phone at arms length for a minute, staring at it, then put it back to my ear. “You’re really bad at prank calls. You’re not supposed to let your phone number show, and definitely not tell the person you’re calling your name.”

“I’m not prank calling you!” He laughed a bit, and I heard voices talking in the background. “No, but seriously, I think you know my friend.”

“Who?”

“His name’s Max?” He said it like a question.

“Oh. Right. Why are you asking? And how do you know my phone number?”

“Friend of a friend of a friend. Anyway, Max really hasn’t been the same since he met you, at least I think it was you, because whenever he’s stoned he ends up mentioning your name. Wait, maybe I shouldn’t have said that.” There was a long pause, and I could hear him talking with someone else in the room. “Will you go out on a date with him?” Someone laughed.

I hung up.

The phone rang again. I looked at it, and pressed ignore. It rang again. I sighed and picked it up. “Yes?”

“Please. I’ve known him my whole life and I’ve never seen him actually care about anyone but himself before now.” It was Sebastian again. “Just do it for me, okay?”

“You’re a complete stranger. I have no idea why I’m saying this, but okay.”

“Great! Come to the beach by the Shack tomorrow around noon, okay?”

“The Shack?”

“You don’t know the Shack?”

“No…”

“It’s a cool shop. It has food. And beach stuff. And music. It’s awesome.” He proceeded to give me directions, even when I realized that it was only five minutes away from my house.

“Alright… bye.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a filler. I might write another chapter today.