Bullets of Love (Merci pour le Venin)

A locker and a single red rose.

February came too soon for my liking. Valentines’ Day was coming quickly, and I knew this year would be just like the others – lonely, and spent at home. I felt stupid enough every time I went to the mall and had to see the stupid little hearts everywhere, I didn’t know how I was going to be able to make it through the dance my school was holding. Surprisingly I did.
I woke up on that cold day in February, and knew something special would happen. I just knew it. I tried extra hard to look as pretty as could be – I showered, did my make-up, even put on nice clothes – and left for school.
In the past, I had always noticed how the popular girls would run around teary-eyed and ecstatic that they had received roses. I never understood why they did though, because nobody really liked those girls. I set my mind to believe it was the geekier guys who were pushed around... The ones who admired the preppy bitches that bought and gave out flowers.
I arrived at school shaking due to the chilly late winter air. This year I couldn’t afford a jacket so I had on an old fleecy sweater, which honestly didn’t keep me warm. I sighed, just glad that I wasn’t on the streets anymore. Last summer my mum had kicked me out of the house due to my bad habits. I was living in the worst part of town at that time. To describe it best, you'd have to have hear the song "fallen leaves" by Billy Talent. Why? Because they've even said it themselves. The song is about pigeon park(the number 1 spot for drug dealers and pimps to go). I lived in pigeon park. The worst place possible to even just walk by in all of Canada.
Leaving aside my thoughts, I got to my locker to find a rose taped to it. A rose. On my locker. It had to be either a mistake, or a cruel joke. I opened the locker and grabbed my math text. A small note fluttered to the ground, and I picked it up. Reading it, I decided the rose wasn’t a mistake.

Cass. Hi. I guess you could call me your secret admirer, even though it isn’t much a secret. I’ll ask you to dance tonight during your favorite song. Xxx

Definitely a cruel joke. Some jock probably did it to get my hopes up. Whatever. It’s a just a stupid flower.
‘Then why per que do you care?’
‘I don’t.’
‘I’m your mind sugar. I can tell whether you care or not. I can also tell that this guy is no fake. Just wait for fate to set its’ course.’

Sorry about the short update. It's been awhile, and I'm sorry, but it's painful for me to write this. This story, and everything included in it is real. And is about the shit I went through for the past two years thanks to a guy I never should have been involved with. I'm slowly but surely breaking through immense writers block at the moment as well, so I'm sorry about the shitty-ness of this, but the next chapter is guarenteed to be longer and more interesting