Laugh To Keep From Crying

Hank The Donut Savior With A Phone

It was all really fast for me, he was out on the streets for barely any time, one week, and someone just comes around and says that he can stay with him, no question. Wow, I thought. I thought it would be harder.

I scrambled to find a pay phone anywhere on the suburban streets of New Jersey. I remembered thebeautiful face of Gerard when he offered for me to stay at his place for a while. It was like an angel was sent down from heaven to help me in a time of need. Gerard was my angel.

I couldn't find a pay phone anywhere, I almost thought about asking someone on the street if he could use their phone but that might've come off as creepy, so I decided to just ask in a coffee shop or something.

I found the nearest shop, which turned out to be some old worn down donut shop and I went inside to go call my new roommate!

"Why hello there!" the plump man said

"Yeah, can I use your guys' phone?"

"Of course, young child." The fat man said while bringing me back behind the counter to the white, dirty phone.

"Thanks." I said. I quickly dialed Gerard's number while looking at the piece of paper to make sure that I didn't mess up.

"Hello?"

"Oh hey Gerard, its me, Frank."

"Hey bud, found somewhere to live yet? My place is still open."

"Yeah I've been thinking about that offer, and I decided to come on in on it. I'm movin' in!"

"Great, I'll come pick you up from--"

"Hanks Donuts"

"Oh, Okay. See you in 15 minutes."

"See ya."

"Bye."


I didn't really have an idea of how I would keep myself calm while in the presence of such a nice looking man. If only I knew if Gerard was gay...

-----------------------------------------------------

15 minutes must've passed because Frank saw an unknown car infront of the donut shop but had the familiar face of Gerard. He walked out of the car and walked into the donut shop. Oh god, I hope he is gay. That was a gay move, he must be gay...

"Hey, it actually took me a while to find this place. I've never even heard of it." Gerard said while sitting down at the table Frank was at. I felt like a pig because Hank, I'm guessing, gave me this huge donut and there I was stuffing my face while Gerard just sat there looking sexy.

"Yeah, it's my first time being at this coffee slash donut shop, let alone this part of town!"

"You've never been in ghetto Jersey?" Gerard asked. I chuckled, and swung my head from side to side, trying to look sexy, maybe so that Gerard could actually say it outloud. If he said it outloud then I would definately know that he was gay. He didn't say anything so I just sighed.

"Lets get goin' Fran." Gerard said

"Um...It's FranK. F R A N K."

"I know, you know how you say friend, well if you say it kinda fast and weirdly it sounds like fran and now I sound like an idiot." Gerard rambled

"Ha, its cute. But I prefer Frankie." I said while winking. Gerard looked around the room and cleared his throat. This boy was so confusing! He gets nervous when I wink, but...wait there is no but. He's not gay! I cried in my head. But on the outside my face looked perfectly normal, I hoped.

"What's wrong frank?"

"Nothing." I said.

"You sure?"

"Yeah. I wanna go see your house now!" I said trying to fake ethusiasm really well, which succeeded because Gerard asked no further question about my sadness and we walked out of the donut store to go to his car, but I quickly poked my head inside the shop once more to thank Hank. (haha rhymes)

"Thanks hank! Thanks for the free donut and letting me use your phone!"

"It's seriously no problem. Now tell your friends about this place, I need some more costomers. This old shop is dying without any costomers in here!" Hank said. I didn't really know what to say about that so I just nodded my head.

I just noticed that Gerard was already sitting in the car and waiting for me. So I ran really fast to make sure that he just didn't leave me here. Seeing as he wouldn't really care since we met not too long ago.

"Hey you waited." I said

"Why would I." Gerard asked looking kind of confused on why I thought he was going to leave.

"You haven't really known me for that long, so I didn't think that you would really care about me."

"It's not nice to leave kids on the street." Gerard smirked.

"I'm no kid! I'm 17 years old for your information."

"Still, 18 is when your a REAL adult."

"Yeah well I bet your not even 18 Mr. I'm-so-much-older-than-you."

"I am, actually. 20 years old."

"At least I'll live longer." I said and Gerard just nodded his head and smiled.

"Touche." said gerard and I stuck out my tongue at him.