Hyper Lane

Getting clues

September 15, 7:40 PM

"How could that happen?!" said Adaluz looking at the rock, still shocked.

"Believe me, I wish I knew." answered Ben, letting the rock fall on to the ground.

"Who are you?" asked Adaluz.

"Umm...I'm Ben."

"But you don't know why this is happening to us? How did we get it? Nothing?!"

"Like I said. I wish I knew."

"Are we the only ones?"

"No princess." Jenny interrupted the conversation, and then started producing electricity on her left hand, "And yes, I'm lefty.", and smiled ironically.

Adaluz looked at both of them, confused and clueless, "Are you both related?"

"Yeah, I'm Jenny and this is my dorky brother."

"Shut up."

"What? This chat was just too serious. Still is, about the dorky part."

"Ok whatever...So what is your name?" asked Ben.

"Adaluz. I am so sorry for what happened."

"Sorry for what? The earthquake?"

"Yes, but please forgive me, I have a very weak control on my earth bending."

"Don't be sorry, we understand, but right now you gotta stick with us, and figure out why this is happening to us." Ben invited Adaluz.

"Are there more of you?"

"Right now, it's just me, you and Jenny. But I just got this feeling that we aren't the only ones."

"Ok. I'm with you to find some answers."

"Great, so here is our phone number, mobile number, our e-mails, so contact us whenever you can." Ben handed a paper to Adaluz.

"Thank you. And it's nice to meet more people like me, I am now relieved that i'm no longer the only one with supernatural powers."

"Ok and we are also 'veeeery delighted' but we have to go."said Jenny, a little rudely.

"Ok Adaluz, nice meeting you and call us. No, wait...we will call you. Give us your phone number or any way we can contact you." asked Ben.

"Sure", Adaluz points her hand to a leaf from the tree, making the leaf come to her hand. Then gets a pen a writes down her numbers on the leaf, "here you go."

"Thanks, will see you tomorrow then."said Ben, smiling.

9:36 PM, at the Prays house

Heather sits on the couch, alone, watching TV, suddenly not alone anymore by Jason's random appearance.

"Watching tellitubbies at night....geez you gotta grow up." Jason teased Heather, while Po was in the scooter.

"It's a comercial."hissed Heather.

"Oh, ok....what were you watching then? I mean before the comercial..."

"Nothing. I just turned the TV on a while ago..."

"Yeah, and it suddenly had to be tellitubbies...."

"No, before that there was a news report about an earthquake here in HyperLane."

"Really...?"

"Yeah, it's weird...HyperLane is located in an impossible area to have an earthquake."

"Yeah....did they say how it happened?"

"No they said it happened just like that. But it was a very short earthquake. I didn't even feel it..."

"Me neither...." Jason's first thought was Adaluz. And after the thought he started laughing.

"Why are you laughing? It isn't funny."Heather gave a cold look on Jason.

"Ha ha nothing, it's just ridiculous how the earthquake happened."

"Ho-k....weirdo."

"Ha ha, ok i'm gonna stop now...."

"By the way when is mom coming back from work?" asked Heather.

"I dunno, probably in an hour...and when is dad coming from work?"

"He isn't coming back 'till tomorrow. Dunno what he's doing, but he said he was gonna meet with his long time lab partner called...David Haggard or something like that..."

"David Haggard?! The one who..."

"Who what?"

"Never mind. Gonna go to bed now. Night."

"You never go to bed this early..."

"You think i'm gonna sleep?"

"That's why we go to bed..."

"We can also do...other stuff..."

"Ew, you're sick."

"Ha Ha, enjoy your tinki winki stories or whatever." teased Jason, before disappearing.

*Heather's mobile rings*

"Hello?" answered Heather.

"Hey, Heather it's Ben."

"Hey, Ben! Did you hear about the earthquake?"

"Heard about it? I felt it!"

"Oh wow are you ok?"

"Yeah and see...that is the reason why I'm calling you, well actually not only about that, but stuff that are also related to the earthquake."

"Ok...what?"

"Umm....ok you're gonna freak."

"Ben, what's going on? Do you have something to do with the earthquake?"

"Umm.....no. But...I know...how did it happen..."

"How?"

"Look...please promise me you won't freak out."

"Dude, nothing freaks me out more than my brother..."

"I heard that!" yelled Jason from his room.

"Ok, I hope it's only your brother that freaks you out, because what i'm about to tell you...is...well was something that I wanted to tell you some days ago but I just have to tell you now."

"Ok, so shoot."

"Ok first i'm gonna tell you my part."

"Ok...."

"Umm....I move stuff with my mind."

*phone hangs up*

"Heather?!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if the last part is kinda messed up, but I didn't have more ideas. Had to close the chapter xP