Jetset Sugar

Kissing Sammi

Frankie had just left and I was going to check on Ashley, that was when I realized she seemed to be smiling in her sleep. Her closed eyelids were twitching a little, obviously she was dreaming. Okay, that was mean, I admit. But it was still funny, seeing Ashley’s reaction when she woke up to Sammi kissing her. Good thing Sammi was not in favor of tongue.

Ashley’s eyes opened up so wide they could almost pop out of her head. Her hands suddenly flaring up into the air, scaring poor Sammi away, accompanied by some shouting and cursing. I just stood at the doorway with my morning coffee, enjoying the morning entertainment. I had to control my laughing so as not to spill any coffee on the carpet.

“Gerard, you moron!” she screamed, throwing a pillow at me, but missed. She was obviously still weak from yesterday.

“Nice to see you all better,” I said, toasting my coffee cup at her. She just closed her eyes and groaned loudly. Both hands immediately flew to her head and then she collapsed back into bed. I walked over to her side and placed my coffee down. She was lying on her back still with her hands on her head, covering her eyes.

“How are you feelin’?” I asked, looking down at her.

“I feel…sick. Where’s….erm…where’s Frank?”

“He went home to change. He’ll be back later. Now, let me see,” I said, pulling her hand away and helping her sit up. I checked her eye that was looking much better, the swelling had gone down. The bleeding on her lip had dried up and was clotting nicely. I removed the dressing on her cheek and looked at the scratch, which had also stopped bleeding.

“Will it scar?” she asked.

"It won't if you don’t peel it. Now lift up your shirt.” She just stared at me quizzically. I rolled my eyes and sighed. “I wanna take a look at your bruises.”

“Oh.”

She lifted it slowly, just enough to expose the discoloration area. Some was healing better than others; most of it had faded which was a good sign. I was still looking at her stomach closely when suddenly I heard a growl. I looked up at her who was in between laughing and blushing.

“Sorry,” she said, still laughing. I just shook my head and took a clean towel from my cupboard.

“C’mon, get up,” I said handing her the towel. “I’m making a special breakfast for us today.”

“Cheerios?” she asked, beaming.

“Yes, Cheerios. Now hurry up.”

She nodded. I took my cup of coffee and left.