Jetset Sugar

Shortly After...

Without a warning, there was a loud knock on the door. Ashley and I both jumped. I was about to run to the door when I noticed the doorknob turned and the door was slowly pushed open.

“Hide,” I whispered fiercely to Ashley while grabbing the bedroom door and closed it partially. Ashley quickly scrambled under the bed. It was a good thing that I had chained my front door, just in case. There was a loud ‘clang’ as the door was pulled by the chain. I approached the door slowly.

“Who’s there?” I yelled.

“Gee?” Frank’s voice was heard. “Open up man, it’s me.”

I looked at him through the partially opened door, grinning away. I surveyed around him as much as I could before letting him in.

“What’s with the chain?” Frank asked as he turned to look at me, actually bolting the door. I didn’t answer him. “Erm…where’s Ashley?”

Again, I didn’t answer him. Instead, I just looked at him suspiciously with regards to his last question. He must have sensed my suspicion because he quickly replied, “I mean…had she left? Is she…better?”

He ran his fingers through his hair, looking slightly nervous. He was looking everywhere but into my eyes.

“She’s…in there,” I replied, leading the way to the bedroom. I stood at the doorway and called for Ashley to come out from under the bed. Her face was pale but her cheeks turned rosy once she saw Frank.