Jetset Sugar

Seeing Helena...

(So...have you been waiting for an update for this one? *grins* Here it is. Don't forget to comment.)

Ashley stuffed as many of her things into the duffel bag as quickly as possible. A few of her favorite t-shirts, an extra pair of jeans, pajama pants and other random necessities. She zipped up the bag and was about to head out the door when suddenly there was a swoosh of wind that blew right against her. It was only for a few seconds but it was enough to make her toes curled. She stopped right at her tracks and tried to figure out what had happened. But her conscience kept reminding her that there was no time. Right after she took one step forward, she heard a voice, it was calling her.

It was very soft at first but it got louder and louder. Ashley easily identified it as a girl’s voice, but there was something about it. It sounded urgent, and it was coming from…

Not knowing why, Ashley walked over to her full-length mirror. And well, curiosity killed the cat. Instead of her reflection looking back at her, as she expected, she saw something else. No, someone else.

It was a girl wearing a black dress, which fell passed her knee. Her wavy hair was jet black and tumbled nicely over her shoulders. Her face was pale, and so were her lips. The dark rings around her eyes contrasted with her light blue iris. She stood still with both hands on her sides.

Ashley froze. She just stood there, feeling her heart beating so fast she was afraid that it might explode. She even heard Gerard telling her to hurry up. She opened her mouth to respond but nothing came out. The next thing she knew, Gerard was next to her, equally frozen with both hands on her shoulders. Then the mirror cracked. Frank joined them a few seconds later.

“Guys, guys, we gotta go, hurry, they’re coming. I can hear their voices,” he said in urgent whisper, shaking Gerard by the shoulder. He turned to look at what Gerard and Ashley found so interesting and was shocked himself. “Fucking hell, what happened?”

Gerard snapped out of it and strained his ears. Right enough, he could hear Catherine Mandoza distinctive shrill coming down the hallway. He looked around for an idea and his eyes landed on the Fire Escape right outside Ashley’s bedroom window.

“Window, window,” was all he could say, ignoring Frank’s question. He grabbed Ashley’s duffel bag and threw it out onto the landing. Frank went first and slung the bag onto his shoulder, he then turned to help Ashley out. But she was not moving; it was as if her feet were glued to the floor. The voices were getting closer.