Jetset Sugar

At Frank's

The drive to Frank’s apartment was a quiet one. Ashley was staring out of the window and so was Gerard. Frank was stealing glances at Ashley from the rearview mirror. He was wondering about what had happened all the way until they arrived at their destination.

Frank grabbed two bottles of beer and a can of soda from the refrigerator while Gerard and Ashley made themselves comfortable, or at least try to, in the living room. This was a first experience for Ashley. The only other guy’s apartment she had been in was Gerard’s. Frank went around to hand the drinks to his two guests; Gerard accepted it with a quiet thanks while Ashley said nothing. Frank enjoyed his beer on his Lazy Boy, gulping it down and gave out a satisfying burp. He excused himself in between giggles and when he noticed the expressionless faces looking at him, he quickly fell quiet.

The silence went on for about a few more minutes, when finally, Frank put down his empty bottle down and spoke.

“Listen, guys,” he started. “I have no idea what’s going on here, if you guys are having another one of your ‘Lover’s Quarrel’…” he said making the quote sign with his fingers. “…then let me know, ‘cuz I refuse to come in between you two.”

“Frank…” Gerard replied. “Not now, man.”

“What?” Frank exclaimed innocently. “All I’m saying is that whatever is going on between you two…well, not that I care, it’s not that I’m jealous or…”

Poof!

Even before he could finish his sentence, he was hit in the face with a cushion. He was hit hard.

“What the fuck?!” he asked Ashley who was now on her feet next to the Lazy Boy, looking down on Frank.

“You’re being such an asshole, you know that, Asshole?” she said. She then grabbed her bag and headed towards the nearest bedroom. The door was slammed shut and ‘click’ went the lock.

“What the hell did I do?” Frank yelled after Ashley. Then he turned to look at Gerard who was still standing by the window and asked him the same question.

“What she said, bro,” Gerard replied. “Being an asshole.”

Frank frowned at Gerard’s answer, he turned towards the locked door and yelled, “That’s my room you’re in, by the way!”

The door remained closed. He sighed dejectedly and sat down on the couch, where Gerard had moved to.

“Hey man, you know I was just messing, right?” he asked Gerard.

“Yeah, I know. Like I said, now’s not the time.”

“Okay.”

Then silence fell…for awhile.

(Author's Note: Massive thanks to those that have been reading and commenting. Please help to spread the word. More readers means hopefully more comments, and more updates!)