Jetset Sugar

Frank's Questions

“By the way, what the hell happened back there? What happened to the mirror?”

I knew that question was going to come up sooner or later. I would rather it be later. I frowned as I thought about it myself. Was it possible? But why did she spook Ashley? Why did she spook me in the beginning? I was hesitant to tell Frank what had happened, but I know that if I don’t tell him now, he would never stop asking. I looked at him while trying to figure out how is it that I’m going to tell him. I decided to just say it.

“It’s Helena, I think.”

“What the hell is Helena?” he asked scrunching his face.

“Not ‘what’, Frank,” I replied with a sigh. “But ‘who’”

I went on to tell Frank what had happened, from the first time I saw her at the A&E until what happened in Ashley’s room. He listened expressionlessly, not saying anything until I had finished.

“And you’re sure it wasn’t just your imagination?” he asked when I had finished with my story-telling.

“Well, at first I thought it was. I thought I was just tired and all, but after what happened just now, man, I’m not so sure anymore. I mean, based on Ash’s reaction, I think she saw it too.”

“But why did the mirror cracked?”

“I don’t know, Frank. I really don’t know.”