Jetset Sugar

Find them...

“No one’s home,” Alfie growled to Catherine, who was nervously biting her pasted on nails.

“Dammit,” was all Catherine could say in respond.

It has been two days, Ashley was still not home and the only hope of finding her, Gerard, was hardly home either. Some of her things are missing, it’s obvious that she had run away and to make things worse, one package was missing. She remembered distinctly that the last time she checked there were five packages. She hasn’t made any sales yet, so there was only one conclusion, Ashley must have taken it. She thought the beatings that Alfie had given her a few nights ago were enough of a lesson. Guess she was wrong. But it doesn’t matter now. What matters most is that she had until the end of the week to get that package back, or it’ll be her ass on the line.

“We have to find them,” Catherine finally said to Alfie. She spun herself around to face him so quickly; she was almost off balance from her heels. “We have to find them of it’ll be over.”

Alfie walked towards her with his arms wide open. She welcomed his embrace and buried her face in his chest. He broke their embrace and looked down at her. She was not what one would call beautiful, but she had aged handsomely. Despite the thick make-up, he still finds her attractive. She returned his stare and even though she had heels on, she needed to tip-toed slightly just to plant a kiss on his lips. He hugged her again, tighter than before.

“We’ll find them, don’t you worry about that. And once we do, I’ll make sure they would never be a bother to us anymore,” Alfie whispered into Catherine’s ear. His voice was soft and assuring, but cold, very cold and threatening.