Jetset Sugar

Frank gets it....again...

“What was that for?” I asked Ashley as soon as Frank had disappeared behind the bathroom door.

“What?” she replied innocently, putting the Ouija Board down on the table.

“Why do you have to be so mean to him? In case you don’t realize, you are staying at his place,” I pointed out to her. I have had enough of her treating Frank like crap. Sure, Frank had his Asshole moments, but his big and generous heart was more than enough to make up for it. There was no reason for anyone to treat him that way.

“I’ve always been mean to him, I don’t see the reason why it should change just because I’m taking charity from him.”

“Your behavior towards him had gotten from bad to worse ever since you moved in here, did you know that? Ever since the first night,” I raised my voice slightly, trying to take charge of the conversation.

“Don’t raise your voice at me, Gee. I’m not one of your nurses…”

Her voice was getting louder as well, but I was losing my patience. The whole Helena Haunting had given me sleepless nights and I was feeling exhausted.

“You listen to me and you listen well,” I whispered to her fiercely. “Frank is a good guy and all he wants is to help. Apart from me, there had never been anyone else who gives a fucking shit about you. Why can’t you be fucking grateful for that?”

“Because…” Ashley looked back at me. Frustration was clear on her face. Her cheeks were flustered with rage and her lips were quivering.

“Because what…?” I asked trying to soften my voice a little. But all Ashley did was stare at me with her burning eyes, with her chin cocked slightly higher than usual and trying hard to not let the tears that had already welled up trickle down her cheek.

“What’s going on?” Frank asked, as he stepped out of the bathroom. It was obvious that we were arguing. Frank looked at me and then turned to Ashley. He only had his 3-quatered pants on and they were sagging low, revealing the band of his boxers. I noticed Ashley shifted her eyes slightly towards Frank and quickly look away. As Frank made his way towards us, Ashley suddenly turned and walked pass him.

“Putting some fucking clothes on! You’re not exactly Hercules, you know,” she said to him in slight disgust.

That made him stopped in his tracks. His arms went up unconsciously to cover his bared chest. His jaw dropped and eyes bulged, looking at me in wonderment. Once Ashley had gone into the bedroom, Frank went up to me filled with curiosity.

“What the fuck was that?” he whispered urgently, stressing each word.

“I don’t know, man, she’s been acting really weird lately,” I replied, finally calmed, and slightly amused by Ashley’s behavior.

“Weird is right.”