Jetset Sugar

Speechless

“We have been trying for the past 30 minutes, my legs are all cramped up,” complaint Frank.

“Mine too,” I replied quietly. But Ashley was still in a lotus position with her fingers on the Ouija Board’s indicator. She had her eyes closed and was mumbling, no, chanting under her breath. “Ash?”

“Shhh…” was all she said slowly.

Frank shifted his eyes from her to me and rolled them towards the ceiling. He stretched out his legs before deciding to lie down on the hardwood flooring which we had covered with a mat. For the next few minutes, there was complete silence, just like it had been for the past thirty minutes. Suddenly, Sammi who had been observing us from the on top of the sofa woke up form her slumber and lifted her head up. Her ears perked up as she stared at me. Then she got on all fours and arched her back. The furs down her back were standing on ends, her claws were out. It looked like she was going to pounce on me and scratch my eyes out.

In one swift motion, Sammi jumped from the sofa towards me with a sharp yowl. I rolled and landed on my side. Looked like Sammi was not going after me, instead, she landed right in the middle of the Ouija Board. Ashley quickly stopped her chanting and drew back her hand and Frank shot up from the floor to get a better look of what’s going on. Sammi circled the board a few times, looking down on it. Finally, she sat down at the middle of it and started licking herself.

“Sammi?” I called to her, feeling a little unsure. She lifted her head and looked straight at me, innocently cocking her head to the side before continue licking herself.

The three of us just sat there speechless, looking at each other.