Jetset Sugar

Dr. Way's Residence

While Gerard was in the bathroom, Ashley took this opportunity to have a smoke. She opened one of the windows and allowed herself some nicotine bliss. Sammi was rubbing itself on her leg; Ashley simply ignored her and carried on smoking. She was almost lost in own world when the house phone suddenly started ringing, making her jump a little.

“Gee! Phone!” When there was no reply from Gerard, she quickly finished her cigarette and answered the call. “Dr. Way’s Residence.”

There was no reply.

“Hello?”

There was still no reply, so she just put the receiver back on the hook, and within seconds, it rang again.

“Hello, Dr. Way’s Residence,” she said again, feeling slightly impatient. The line was quiet; there was not even a faint sound of someone breathing. This time, Ashley didn’t wait another minute. She just hung up, and before she even had the chance to turn away, it rang again. Ashley lost her patience.

“Listen here, Asshole, I don’t have fucking time for this. Either you say something, or fucking stop calling!” she yelled into the receiver. But before the caller could say anything else, she slammed it down. And as expected, it started ringing again.

“Arrgghh…!” Ashley growled in frustration, throwing her hands in the air. She decided not to pick it up and just sat herself down on the couch. She turned the volume from the television up to drown the ringing of the phone. Sammi was getting agitated with the noise and made a dash to Gerard’s bedroom.

“Ash!” Gerard’s voice was heard from the bathroom. Ashley didn’t answer him. The bathroom door then swung open and there stood Gerard, fresh out of the shower. The daylight bounced across his chest making it shine. His wet hair was carelessly tossed back with only one or two lock covering his eyes. One hand was holding on to the towel that was wrapped around his waist. The only thing he had to make himself decent. When he saw that the ringing phone had no effect on Ashley, he took the liberty to answer it himself.

“Hello?” he said, but the line had already gone dead. “Why didn’t you answer that?” Gerard asked Ashley; droplets of water quickly collect at his feet to form a small puddle. Either Ashley couldn’t hear him over the TV, or she was ignoring him. He decided it was the first choice, so he grabbed the remote from the coffee table and turned off the tube.

“Hey, I was watching that!” Ashley protested.

“Why didn’t you pick up the call?” Gerard asked again firmly but without raising his voice. Ashley kept quiet and crossed her arm, sulking. She turned to look at the now blank screen. She was still worked up about the prank calls and didn’t like the way Gerard was talking to her. So she ignored him.

Gerard opened his mouth to ask her again when there was a knock on the door. It came across as one string of urgent knocks with no pause and it was slowly irritating Gerard.

“What?” he retorted, throwing the door open. But quickly bit back his tongue when he saw whom it was standing at the doorway.

(I know its not much, but there'll be more interesting chapters to come, i promise! In the mean time, don't forget to leave a comment.)