Jetset Sugar

Lover's Quarrel?

I have no idea why I was upset with Ashley, I guess I was expected a quiet day rather than hearing the television blasting and the phone ringing off the hook. I was also expecting a call from Frank. Despite seeing him almost everyday at the hospital, we still hang out during our off days. He was supposed to call to make sure that I was awake before coming over. But seeing him now, standing at the doorway, bewildered, I guess I must have missed his call. Thanks to Ashley.

“Wassup?” he said coolly, shifting his look from me to Ashley and right back at me. He eyed me up and down and raised an eyebrow. “Bad time? I could always come back, maybe like, in two minutes? That should give you more than enough time to kiss and make up since you’re already undressed.”

“Shut up Frank,” I replied bitterly. I ignored Frank’s sniggering as he entered the apartment and closed the door behind him.

“Lover’s quarrel eh?” Frank asked Ashley teasingly.

“None of your business, moron,” Ashley mumbled under her breath but still audible.

“Wow, what did he do to have your panties all up in a knot? He didn’t cheat on you did he?” Frank was skating on extremely thin ice. He has no idea how Ashley’s temper is.

“Fuck you, Asshole,” Ashley said throwing him a dirty look.

“Not now, baby, what would your boyfriend think?” Frank said faking a gasped and looked at my direction. He burst out laughing after I gave him the finger and headed towards my room to put some clothes on. Ashley must have turned the TV back on, MTV was blaring at the background.

When I came out of the room all dressed, Ashley was glued to the television but I doubt that she was watching it. There was a blank look on her face and she kept glancing over to Frank who was messing with Sammi at her corner; dangling his keys over her head trying to get her to paw it. I filled up Sammi’s dish bowl with some kitty treats and gave her fresh milk.

“Frank,” I said, putting on my jacket. “Let’s go.”

“Right,” Frank replied. He smushed up Sammi’s face lightly and got off the floor, putting his keys back in his jeans pocket.

“Ash, we’re leaving,” I said holding the front door open. Ashley mumbled a reply which I couldn’t quite catch.

“Ashley,” I called again, slightly louder. Frank was already at my side, hands in his pockets, wondering what was wrong between me and her. Ashley turned and glared at me.

“Brrrr…” Frank teased, hugging himself as if he was feeling cold. “I think we’d better just go bro, before she freezes us with that stare.”

“Ashley, I am not leaving you here alone. Now turn off the TV and let’s go,” I was getting impatient. I didn’t mean to bark at her like that, it just came out that way.

“Fine!” She turned the tube off and slammed the remote on the table. Shoving her arms into her jacket, she stomped pass us, down the hallway and disappeared down the stairs. Frank and I just looked at her go. I let out a sigh and locked the door after waving ‘goodbye’ to Sammi.

(Don't forget to comment.)