Jetset Sugar

Abused

(Okie, silly me published the wrong chapter. LOL!!! So, this is the correct one and I've added the next one as well. Enjoy and don't forget to comment.)

After hanging out with Frank the whole afternoon, we decided to go back to my place and, well, hang out some more since we have a whole week off. Finally, it was the break that we have been working our asses for. Once break is over, we were to then be assigned to the respective departments. I really do hope to remain at A&E.

Frank was yapping away about the movie that we had just watched. I was not really paying attention, he could tell, but that didn’t stop him from talking.

We reached the top of the stairs and turned the corner to the hallway towards my apartment. What I saw stopped me in my tracks; Frank followed my gaze and immediately stopped his chattering.

Sitting on the floor leaning against my door, was Ashley. Who else could it be? She had her knees up and buried her face, with her arms around it.

“Is that…?” Frank asked but I didn’t let him finish his question. I quickly went over to Ashley’s side. Frank followed close.

“Ash? What happened?” I kneeled down next to her. I lifted her head slowly and I felt my heart getting caught in my throat. Her eyeliner had run down her face with her tears. There was an awful swelling that was developing on her left eye. There was a cut at her lower lip and a nasty scratch across her cheek which was starting to bleed.

“Fuck…,” Frank whispered, followed by a low whistle.

“Gee…” Ashley croaked and then started breaking down into tears and slumping into my chest. I steadied her with one hand and fumbled with the other for my keys. Handing it over to Frank, I tried to calm Ashley down by slowly rocking her.

Frank had gone off to get the necessities, including a glass of water. I carried her into the apartment and placed her gently on my bed. She turned to the side and curled up. I tried to make her lie straight on her back but she just moaned in agony and shook her head. She had one arm across her tummy and that made me suspicious. I slowly pulled her hand away.

“No…” she groaned.

“Ashley, let me see, sugar.” Ashley gave in upon hearing me called her ‘sugar’. I gently lifted her shirt and what I saw made cringed. Angry bruises were all over her stomach, particularly at the side. This was by far, the worse that I’ve ever seen happened to her.

I sweet-talked Ashley into lying straight on her back, and with Frank’s help, managed to remove her jacket, shoes and socks. Half an hour later, her cuts were cleaned and dressed. Frank was slowly pressing the ice-pack on her swollen eye. He was keeping unusually quiet all these while. Ashley had kept very still and obeyed my instructions with no fuss at all. Finally her breathing steadied and we figured she must have fallen asleep, she must be worn out. I cleared everything and was ready to leave the room when I heard her call my name.

“Thank you,” she whispered.

“You’re welcome,” I cooed. I brushed her hair away from her face and stroked the side of her face tenderly. She opened her eyes slightly and gave me a lopsided smile. I smiled back. “You sleep now, sugar. I’ll see you in the morning. C’mon Frank.”

“I…I think I’d like to stay a little longer,” Frank replied. There was a certain look on his face that I had never seen before. Concerned and sorrow and anger all mixed into one. I looked at Ashley who just nodded and closed her eyes.

“Alright, I’ll be outside.”

I turned to take one last look at both of them. It was nice to see them finally getting along. It was unfortunate though, that it had to be under such circumstances.