Jetset Sugar

Frank's Wish

(Somebody kick me in the head, please. Seems like I missed this chapter. Sorry.)

It was shocking for Frank to see Ashley beaten up like this. He had heard about it from Gerard but had never seen it with his own eyes. He had seen such things at the hospital but never this extreme. Most of the patients were even brought in by the abuser themselves; parents, boyfriends, etc. But how could anyone be so heartless, especially to dear sweet Ashley.

Outside, the sun was slowly setting. As the room grew darker, Frank reached over to the side of the bed and turned the Lave Lamp on. Groovy hues of orange and red flooded the room. The bubbling patterns danced on the walls of the room as well as on Ashley’s face. He just looked at her, all beaten up and bruised. His hand was itching to stroke her face, especially the scratched area. He wished that there was something he could do to make everything better for her. Despite the fact that they had never gotten along and the age difference, Frank had long harbored feelings for Ashley. Always so cheerful, he knows that she was the sun that brightens Gerard’s day. Especially after those long hours at the hospital. Many times he had wished that he could have some of that sun, instead of having to return to an empty apartment every time.

The ice-pack was no longer doing its job. It had already turned warm. Frank was about to get off the bed to get a new one when Ashley stirred. He stopped moving and hushed at her, coaxing her to go back to sleep. But instead, she became wide awake from hearing his voice.

“Frank…” she called out to him softly. His heart melted instantly, she had never called him that way before.

“Yea?”

“I’m sorry.”

“For what?” he asked slightly.

“Being so mean.” Her eyes fluttered to open, but only managed to do it half-way. “You have the Lava Lamp on?”

“Yes, it was getting dark.”

“I got that lamp for Gee, as a welcome-to-the-neighborhood gift,” she said. She smiled slightly at the memory of it. Her voice was raspy. “He hates it, you know?”

“Yea,” Frank chuckled. Ever since that thing was brought into the apartment, Frank had been eyeing it. He even offered to pay for it, but Gerard refused seeing that it was a gift. “But he still wouldn’t give it away because he knew that it would break your heart if he did. He cares a lot about you.”

“I know, sometimes a little too much,” Ashley replied, trying to laugh but ended up coughing instead.

“Try not to talk too much. You’re still weak.”