Jetset Sugar

Please Stay

Ashley looked at Frank and nodded weakly. She had never seen this side of him before. He had always been a jerk towards her. Amazed her at how he ended up being in the path of doctor-hood with Gerard. The Frank that’s in front of her now is making her stomach churn. Just like how she felt when she first got to know Gerard. Or, it could also mean that she was feeling hungry. But then again, she did receive a couple of hard kicks from her ‘beloved’ mother’s boyfriend. The thought of it made her want to cry, but she refused to do so. Not right now.

Frank held her gaze for awhile before checking his watch for the time. He then cleared his throat and ran his fingers through his hair. Ashley realized for the first time how adorable he looks.

“Erm…it’s getting late,” he lied. “I’d better go, and Gerard might want to watch over you all by himself.”

“I won’t be surprised if he’s already fallen asleep on the couch,” Ashley replied, letting out a weak chuckled.

“Yea,” Frank replied, smiling a little uncomfortably. “I…I think I should…still…”

Frank was about to get off the bed when he felt Ashley’s hand on his. Her touch was light as feather but enough to freeze him.

“No, please stay.” She didn’t know why she said that. She must have sounded desperate, but when he nodded in reply and smiled, she felt her knees going weak. Good thing she was lying on the bed then.

Frank removed his jacket and tried to get comfortable next to Ashley. He had no idea how awkward Ashley was feeling about all this, but he was feeling extremely self-conscious. He shifted a few times until he finally decided to just lie on his back next to Ashley with one hand under his head. Ashley’s hand was on top of his other hand, in between them, her fingers curled around his gently. He gave it a light squeeze, enough to assure her that he was not going anywhere. She responded by locking her fingers with his.

He stared at the kaleidoscope designs moving around on the ceiling and tried not to think so much about the situation at hand. Allowing his vision to go out of focus with the silent persuasion of the hypnotic Lava Lamp, he slowly drifted off to sleep.