Jetset Sugar

And they flirted...

(Ashley’s POV)

I opened my eyes slowly and was greeted by the Lava Lamp that was next to Gee’s bed. I had no idea what time it was. My stomach felt heavy, like a 100 ton weight was placed on it. I groaned as I tried to get up, and that was when I noticed what was on my stomach. I looked down and there was Sammi, looking at me without blinking. How the hell did she get into the room? I remember that Gee had closed the door. And how was it that she was able to get on top of me without hurting me? Cats are amazing.

I stroked her head and she purred softly. Then I picked her up and put her on the floor next to the bed, which she finally curled up and fall asleep. I lifted my shirt and noticed that the bruises had faded. Wow, that was fast.

I was feeling thirsty so I decided to get a drink from the kitchen. I swung my legs down from the bed, carefully as not to step on Sammi. Then I heard someone stirred behind me. I turned to see Frank looking at me sleepily.

“Hey,” he said smiling. “Where are you goin?”

“To the kitchen, I need a drink.”

“No,” he whined. Whined? Did he just whine? I felt a little laughter coming but I managed to contain it. “You can’t go.”

He got up and slowly pulled me back down to the bed. We both lay on our sides, facing each other.

“You need to stay in bed,” he continued.

“Why?”

“‘Cuz, Dr. Iero says so.”

He was grinning now. Oh god, is he flirting with me? I have to admit, things were getting a little weird, and a little awkward. I was beginning to feel that funny, ticklish feeling in my stomach again.

Should I play along, or should I put a stop to it?
What would Gerard say about all this?


I was asking myself all these questions but before my mind could provide me a sensible answer; my mouth had already made its own decision.

“Okay, Dr. Iero,” I heard myself say. “So, what’s my medication?”

“This.”

He placed his thumb on my chin and tilted it slightly. His face came closer and closer to mine. The anticipation was too much. I closed my eyes and parted my lips a little. He was so close to me that I could feel his breathing upon my skin. Light wheezing, that smells like…

…fish?