I've Never Met Anyone so Beautifully Dark

Chapter 1

My sister Abbey and I walk down the street with her arm through mine as we skip towards a coffee shop laughing. I'm now 23 years old and Abbey just had her 17th birthday. It has been three years today since I escaped the Joker. Three years. I'll let you in on what happened those three years...

My bi-polar medication increased and I was sent to back to Arkham for 5 months. I told them I didn't want to take the Ritalin anymore and they let me. I was that bad. I would have nightmares about him taking me back or killing Abbey. Sometimes the dreams weren't even that bad. Most of the time, they were about us. I didn't understand it, I was so happy escaping him yet a part of my heart wanted it back. I tried so hard to get rid of the feeling. It's still with me but I think less of it now. Abbey got her license and a job, along with me. I teach some hip hop dancing on the weekends and during the week, I work for Bruce now, being an assistant. Ever since that night he saw me in his closet, we've become quite close. Actually, were engaged now! I never did see myself marrying that man.

My appearance has changed a lot too. I grew my hair out, it's past my shoulders now. I also let my natural black hair come in. I got rid of my snake bites but left in my left piercing. I don't put makeup on to hide my scars. They don't embarrass me anymore. I got three tattoos.

On both of my inside wrists, I have this tribal design with a star in the middle. And on my back, starting at my shoulders, to look like wings, I've got another tribal design that is too complicated to explain.

Enough about me, let's go back to reality. We reach the coffee shop and stop skipping, out of breath we start giggling to each other. I love being off the Ritalin because I'm myself now and I have more fun than I have had while I've been on it. Walking in, we go to the counter and order.

The kid who's working there has fire red hair and lots of freckles. I start talking to him with a manly voice with a english accent, "Ello sir! I would like a Java Chip Frappuccino Blended Coffee. To go please!"

The kid raises a eyebrow at us and we just smile at him. Abbey orders now but with a Chinese accent, "Why yes, I would like a...French Vanilla with extra whipped creme!"

He rolls his eyes, smiling, "That'll be $10.50."

I give him the cash, putting my hands together like I'm praying and bow to him, "Many thank you's sir!"

He walks off to go make our drinks and we burst out laughing. I bend down to the floor as customers sitting inside stare at us like were on drugs.

Abbey wipes away a few tears, "Jeez, these people think were crazy!"

I get serious and I look at her, "Were not crazy."

She stops laughing and that makes me laugh again, she joins in. He comes back, handing us our drinks and we walk out, waving to him. We start walking down the streets towards Wayne Enterprises, Bruces work. As I'm sipping my very delicious drink, I look up at one of the large tvs displayed.

"Breaking news Gotham. The Jokers come back and with a blast! Literally, he attacked a local company, accompanied by Two-Face, Harvey Dent, blowing up the site. More to come at-"

I tune it out, stopping in my tracks. Abbey heard it also. She starts to shake, "He-He's not coming back for you, is he Blair?"

I don't pull my gaze from the tv as they show that familiar face that's been haunting me ever since he let me go.

I shake my head, pulling her along with me as we now rush to Bruce, "He would've come by now. Let's just hope he's forgotten me."

Thing is, he was watching me the entire time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the tattoos.
Image
Image

Ello Ello loves! Here's the first chapter of the sequel just like a promised and fast! Hehe
I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think eh?

[Banners made by me]
Image
Image