I've Never Met Anyone so Beautifully Dark

Chapter 12

I'm with Jack again. We're taking a walk into the woods, going even further than we were before. He's holding my hand lightly, guiding me through the thick branches, over fallen trees and swerving around holes. It's pitch black now and I oddly can't see a thing. He stops though, looking back at me.

I see his teeth, guessing he's flashing me that beautiful smile.

"Just a little further." he whispers.

A few more steps, and we walk out of the woods and into a giant field of small yellow, purple and light blue flowers. I gasp as he let's me go, walking backwards and grinning. I hear a rustling noise. My head snaps to the side, noticing a girl.

'What's she doing out here by her-'

He's walking towards her. She has collarbone length, stop sign red hair. Bright and beautiful blue-grey eyes and from what I see, tons of tattoos. He grabs her by the waist, his back facing me as they start to kiss. I stare at them, my heart beating faster, rage filling my veins. He starts to laugh, but it's not his laughter. It's not that low, comforting chuckle. It's high pitched and eerie now. He turns around. My mouth drops as the girl grins evilly at me, holding onto one of his arms.

I start backing away as he speaks, "What doll? Heartbroken?"

It's no longer Jack. It's Joker.

'What the hell is my mind doing to me?!'

I stare at him and point, "I don't have feelings for you!" screaming at him.

I shut my eyes and hit my head lightly with my palms. When I reopen them, he's standing in front of me, putting my arms down.

"Then why are you dreaming of this?" he leans down, kissing my lips softly, to my surprise.

When he pulls away I stutter, "I don't li-ike you. I like Jack."

He starts chuckling again, no longer standing in front of me.

'Where did he go...'

I feel him behind me, pressing his body into mine and whispers in my ear, sending a sharp shiver down my entire body, "Who says I'm not Jack?"

-Jokers pov-

I'm laying on the floor, starring up at the ceiling and waiting for my toy to wake up. She does alright, with a ear piercing scream. I look over at her amused and she's sitting up, looking around for something till she spots me.

"You!" she yells.

I point to myself, "What, me?"

She gets up, storming to me. I sit up now, watching her intently. She plops herself down in front of me, sitting on her knees since she's still in her cute dress.

"What's your real name?"

I'm taken back. A little shocked from that question, not expecting it.

"Why?"

I gaze into her eyes. I love those things so much I could just rip them out and place them on my wall. But, I prefer them in her cute skull. She's crying. Ugh, I hate it when she crys. It annoys me.

"P-please. I need to know."

I think about it for a second.

'Should I tell her? What would it even mean to her. Nothing, exactly.'

She waits patiently for my reply, looking back and forth from my left eye to my right. She's so cute when she bites her lip, all worried. I grin, leaning back on the floor.

I place my hands behind my head, never looking away from my angel, "Jack."

-normal pov-

I wake up screaming.

'There's no way in hell Jack is Joker. It's just a dream. A stupid dream! I'm so confused, what if that's what his name is? No, it can't be. I need answers!'

I look around for him, spotting him laying on the floor and watching me like a curious puppy.

I point to him, screaming, "You!"

He points to his chest and asks dumbly, "What, me?"

I jump off the bed towards him, kneeling in front of him. Tears are forming in my eyes as I ask, "What's your real name?"

His body jumps a little, not expecting this.

He asks cautiously, "Why?"

"P-please. I just need to know."

I start biting my lip as I wait for his reply. He's just starring at me, I'm guessing, taking in my looks.

He then grins as he starts laying back down and finally says, "Jack."

I scream loudly, falling backwards and crawling away, "Your lying!"

He raises a eyebrow, "No, I'm not. I'm pretty sure I know my own name."

He starts giggling.

'No, no, no! It's just a coincidence! It means nothing, nothing at all! I don't have feelings for the Joker...do I?'

I then think of something, getting up and rushing to him and grabbing his muscular arm, trying to get up him. He's just laying there, highly amused.

"Get up!"

"Pfft, no!"

"Jack, please!"

He cringes at his name, getting up, "What Glitterbug?"

I drag him towards the bathroom.

'Final test. Don't let it be accurate.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback? ]: