I've Never Met Anyone so Beautifully Dark

Chapter 2

When we reach the place, we get into the elevator and wait for the 20th floor. I close my eyes, taking in deep breathes. Abbey lets me be, knowing I'll freak out if she trys to talk to me.

'He's forgotten about me. He knows nothing about me now. Who am I kidding? He's going to go after me the first chance he gets.'

I hold back my tears as I open my eyes, glancing at Abbey who's struck with worry. I smile at her, holding out my hand. She takes it and I squeeze tightly, "It's going to be okay. Just act natural around Bruce, please?"

She nods and the bell dings. I straighten up as we walk out, heading to Bruces office. We stop at the receptionist desk, "Hey Amy, is Bruce here?"

Amys about my age, wavy, long brunette hair and gorgeous honey eyes. She smiles, "Yes he is Blair, I'll let him know your here."

"Thank you."

She calls him and tells us we can go in. I open the door, seeing Bruce sitting in his chair, starring at the tv. Abbey and I know all about his little secret. Being the Batman. He's watching the news we saw earlier. He stops when we sees us coming in. Getting up, he comes over to me, holding me tightly.

"I'm not going to let him hurt you Blair, I promise."

I start loosing my emotions and I just stand there. He pulls back from me, concerned.

My eyes are watering, "He's coming back for me no matter what and you know it. There's nothing the police can do, you or Batman."

He looks at the floor and says quietly, "I can at least try..."

I shake my head, walking away from him and starring out the window at the streets below, "He'll just keep coming back for me. He'll stop for nothing."

As I watch the cars go by, a song pops in my head.

'The building turned it's back ignored my call.
The concrete looks too thin to break my fall.
The sunset stretched across this nighttime scene.
I counted people as I neared the street below.'


I hear Abbey crying in the corner, "I'll fight if I have to. I still know karate and I'm more stronger now. I won't break as easily as I did before."

I look at them and Bruce is smiling at me now, "That's my girl."

I turn back towards the window, grinning evilly. 'I'll be more than prepared. Bring your worst Jabba.'

'I saw it all I saw it all go down.
The shadow grew as he approached the ground.
The sunset stretched across this nighttime scene.
They turned away as he came near the street below.'


Bruce wraps his arms around my waist and places his chin gently on my shoulder, whispering in my ear, "Let's go home babe."

He kisses my cheek as we walk out to...my car? I look over at Bruce and he shrugs, chuckling, "I couldn't resist."
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's your car. Hot damn I want one of these. Saturn Skys!!
Image