I've Never Met Anyone so Beautifully Dark

Chapter 5

One of my good friends, Carly Santero. I met her while I was in Arkham. We were getting out on the same day. She sees me, waving madly. Her shoulder length, black hair whips in the wind and her eyes light up.

The first thing I said to her was, "I want to eat your eyes."

And it was friendship from there on. They are a blue/green color that has this sparkle to them. She has a monroe, labret and the right side of her lip pierced. We run to each other and I tackle her into the ground as we laugh loudly. I notice she's wearing a black and pink stripped Nirvana shirt, tight black jeans with a studded belt and untied combat boots. I see a large band aid on her left elbow.

"Are you okay?"

She laughs at me, "Yeah man! I just got a tattoo!"

My lips curl up, "Ooh! Let me see!"

She unwraps it carefully, showing the spiderweb design that covers her entire elbow. She places it back up, grinning like a cheshire cat.

"Mami like! Hey, you got a cigarette?"

She nods, handing me one and we laugh more. The thing I love about this girl is she has strong opinions. If she's got something to say, she'll say it no matter if it hurts your feelings or not. She also cares a lot about the people she's close to and will stick up for them no matter what situation their in. She boxes, teaching kids how to. Like me, she's misunderstood.

I light up, sucking in the smoke and letting it out through my nose. Were still laying on the ground in a heap. I roll off her, fixing my skirt and looking towards the sky.

"I'm so glad I have today off. Looks nice out."

She rolls her eyes, doing the same as me, placing her arms behind her head, "Lucky shit. I have to go in at four and bathe all the animals!"

She works at a pet store. The animals make her relaxed and happy. I never knew why she went to Arkham. I don't think she ever plans on telling me. I didn't let her know why I was there either. Fair is fair.

"You hear the Jokers back?"

My heart jumps, "Yeah, why?"

She looks over at me as I do the same to her, "Aren't you like, scared?"

I look away, shaking my head no, "He doesn't scare me."

She laughs, "I think your the first to ever admit that!"

"I'm sure I am." I take my sunglasses off, putting them on my head as I inhale again, "You want to go for a walk?" exhale.

She jumps up, helping me up as we make our way through the woods. We didn't speak much, only giggled if either of us slipped. She knew silence is what I wanted and the woods is what I needed. The one thing I hate about being around people is how they keep mentioning him. If I want to move on with my life and forget him, then people need to learn how to stop bringing him up. I'll admit, it kills me a little more inside each time. I notice she stops.

I'm about to ask her what, but she whispers to me, "I want to show you something."

"Alright."

She continues to walk. I quickly glance up at the sky to see some dark clouds slowly floating there way over. I start to catch up with Carly. I stare at my feet the entire time.

'What a great day to wear a skirt!'

My legs are all cut up from branches and thorns. I take out my cellphone, looking at the time. 11:20 am. We've been walking for quite awhile now. She hands me another cigarette as she lights one for herself.

"Where are you taking me?"

She looks back, smiling and exhaling, "Somewhere I can rape you in private!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's Carly :D

Image