I've Never Met Anyone so Beautifully Dark

Chapter 6

I stop walking, raising my eyebrow at her.

She winks, laughing, "I'm kidding girl! I want to show you these tracks I found the other day!"

We continue walking and smoking.

'Tracks?'

We reach a steep hill and stop, out of breath, "It's right down there."

She points and I look around for a second before I see it. The tracks from my dreams, "Do we have to go down?"

She pouts her lips, "Don't tell me your scared!"

I glare at her, "No! I've just got a bad feeling about this."

She laughs again, it's so bubbly, "Liar! Your scared, come on."

She drops her finished cigarette and quickly runs down the hill as I stare at her in amazement.

"Come on! You can do it!"

"Screw you! I'm not a fucking animal! You wait!"

I grab hold of a near by tree, my stomach's flipping around, I'm so nervous. I scoot my way down and she's giggling at me.

I glare again, "Shut it. I don't want to get hurt down here!"

She walks away, flipping her hair in a prissy matter, "Says the girl who loves pain!"

We walk over to the ledge. It's exactly like my dream. I've never seen this place in my life before though, "Holy shit."

"What?"

I look around me, instead of seeing the city, there's a abandoned place with three doors. I jump down, going over to the other ledge. This time, there's no Jack to help me.

Carly watches me with eagle eyes, "What are you doing Blair?"

"I'm curious."

I see a few holes in the ledge. I stick my hands in it and pull myself up. Once I'm on the ledge, I walk towards the doors.

'Hmm which one. Even though they all lead to the same place.'

I chose the one on the far right. I tug it and it's stuck. Placing my left foot on the wall, I use all my strength to budge the door. It opens, causing me to loose my balance and fall down. Carlys laughing hard. I dust myself off as I get up and walk in the door, flicking her off.

She shouts after me, "Hey! What am I supposed to do?!"

I stick my head out, "Let's go on an adventure!"

She takes a few steps back, running full speed, jumping over the tracks to my side.

I scoff, "Show off."

She giggles, running after me. We run down a dark hallway, there's no light except some rays shining through the dirty doors. Were yelling, whooping and screaming like escaped looneys. We stop at the end of the hall, panting and looking around.

"We can go left or right."

She puts her finger on her chin thinking, "Left!"

I grin as we start to run again, but I stop half way. I hear laughter. His laughter, at the other end.

"Carly! Stop!"

She stops, looking at me, "What's wrong? Scared of the dark too?"

My eyes widen in fear as I drop my cellphone, "Blair? B-Blair? Answer me!"

I'm frozen. He's right behind her with his finger over his lips. If I make a sound, she's dead.

Curiosity killed the cat you know.