I've Never Met Anyone so Beautifully Dark

Chapter 7

Her face is serious as I cover my mouth with my hand, eyes watering. She slowly turns her head, seeing the Joker. Her own eyes widen in fear as she goes to book it, but he grabs her by her hair. She screams as he holds a knife in front of her face.

"Why so serious?" he growls.

She elbows him in the stomach, running over to me. She grabs my hand and we run off, making our feet move as fast as we can. Right before we reach the doors, I slip, taking her down with me. I freeze as I feel his breath on my neck.

Tears are stinging my eyes as I look up to her, "Don't let me go!"

Her eyes are red with streams running down her face. Her grip tightens as he cackles loudly. We both scream as he drags me backwards by my legs, taking Carly with us. The ground is very ragged and probably full of bits of glass that's going to ruin our clothes. Carlys still crying with a death grip on my hands. I have the same on hers.

I start to kick my legs, screaming at him, "Let me go!"

He laughs more. I kick him in the face, making him drop me. I gasp, looking up at her, "Go!"

We both get up, holding hands still. Were running the wrong way though, away from the doors. My eyes adjust quickly to the dark and I see a opening in the wall. I tug her towards me as we squeeze together to hide. Our breathing is calm. While in Arkham, we taught ourselves how to control our breathing patterns and to relax quickly, being quite.

I hear him coming, the click of his switchblade...his laughter, "Glitterbu-u-ug! Come out and pla-a-ay!"

I look around the corner, gasping as I see his face inches from mine, "Boo."

I push Carly as we start to run again. She runs into something. We look up to see three of his henchmen and Alicia. She refuses to look at us and her eyes are closed tightly.

I whisper, "Alicia, please!"

She bites her lip as Joker grabs us both by the hair. I hiss and she lets out a scream. Carly has her eyes shut tightly also, holding her breath. She's a strong person. I've never seen her so weak before, not even in Arkham. He seems to do that to a lot of people.

He whispers in my ear, "Hello beautiful. I've missed you. And look, you brought a friend!"

He cackles loudly as I watch Carly fall limp to the ground and one guy that I recognize as Dace, picking her up.

I scream, "Carly! Put her down!"

I struggle in his grasp, "Ah ah! Bad girl!"

He whacks me in the head. I fall to my knees, the whole place spinning.

Standing in front of me, he smiles, "Just like the first meeting."

I black out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be nice....especially from more than one person. Since there's 15 people so far who's subscribed :P