I've Never Met Anyone so Beautifully Dark

Chapter 8

I hear humming. Not of a fan or a tv but of a person. I keep my eyes closed, knowing who it is.

"Sleeping beauty. Wake up!"

I feel him poke me. I don't move. He pokes me again but harder. I turn to my side, facing away from him, groaning.

"She awakens! Glitterbug!"

I pick my arm up, waving it around lazily, trying to hit him. He grabs my arm and lifts me up.

Screaming right in my ear he says, "Wake up!!"

I open my eyes, glaring at him, "No one can ever sleep because of you! I'm going to be a zombie! A zombie!"

I out stretch my arms and start growling.

He laughs at me, hugging me tightly, "Oh I'm so glad your home!"

I roll my eyes, "I'm not home."

"Yes you are." he growls threateningly.

I look around the room, pushing myself out of his arms.

"Where's Carly?"

"With Alicia."

He watches me as I stretch, looking down at my clothes. A few pins are missing from the top, couple spiders scratched off, very dirty and my right knee is bloody and messed up.

I groan, "You ruined my favorite dress!"

I point at it and he shrugs, "Still looks nice. Very nice."

I see the lust in his eyes.

"I'm going to Carly."

"No you aren't."

I run to the door, opening it. He comes up behind me and shuts it.

"I said, No. Your. Not!"

"I want to make sure she's ok asshole! This wasn't our plan to come here!"

I push him away from me, opening the door and start walking towards Alicias room. Still the same hideout as last time. Something grabs my foot and I fall, holding my hands out to hold me up. I blow a few strands of hair out of my face as I look back to see the Joker, waving at me. I kick my foot out of his hands, crawling forward but he pulls me back. I turn on my back, lifting my legs, kicking him in the stomach, chest and nose. He flys backwards as I get up and run, only to be tackled to the hardwood floor beneath us. He punches my side and I cough.

He grabs my hair, yanking it back, "You are just too much fun. Jeez I've missed this!" he kisses my cheek, throwing my head forward.

I growl, pushing him off me again as I reach her door. I open it and Alicia smiles. It quickly drops into a frown once she sees Joker behind me. I sigh as he places a knife to my lips. Carly starts to wake up now. She sees us in the doorway and starts screaming. Alicia holds her down, trying to tell her everythings ok. She starts to rock back and forth, crying.

Alicia screams, "Will you two just fucking go?! Your making things worse!"

Joker pushes me into the room, grabbing Alicia by the arm and dragging her out for a punishment. I walk over to the bed and sit down next to her.

She jumps up, hugging me tightly, "How are you not afraid?! I'm going out of my fucking mind!"

I stare at my shoes, "I've dealt with him before. He's still the same, as am I. I know what to do to piss him off and what to do to make him happy, most of the times. I don't back down either and show him that I can be weak. You need to be brave for me Carly. Please?"

She stops crying now and looks at me, "I box. I'm one of the toughest girls there. I thought...I could stand up to anything. I was wrong. A clown has made me feel so defenseless."

I hold her in my arms, pushing her bangs out of her face, "If we want to get out of here, we have to work together. I can't take him out on my own." I whisper.

She nods, "I'll help. Anything to get out of here."
♠ ♠ ♠
thoughts? comments?