You Don't Know A Thing About My Sins

18

*Gerard’s POV*

“I-I get what you mean, about the rape….and drugs…obviously not the baby bit…but the rest of it…I know how you feel cause I…..I was rape too….and I…I turned to drugs and alcohol…..to help….help forget…..the feelings….” I stuttered out.

Fuck, I think I’m gonna cry, that’s the first time I’ve spoken about that in years…

Charlie and frank are both staring at me for answers now, great.

I took a deep breath in still fighting back tears and began my explanation

“When I first started high school the principle…..he….he took a liking to me, at first I didn’t think anything of it, he’d brush past me sometimes and I just took it as it was an accident…..but one day….he called me to his office…..and he…..I couldn’t stop him….I tried….but….” I stop to fight back a new wave of tears.

Then I felt a hand start to rub my back, I looked over to see Frank giving me a supporting smile.

“Let them out Gee, let them all out,” he cooed at me.

He knows how much I hate crying I always feel stupid when I cry.

“We won’t think any less of you for crying Gerard, let the tears out man”. He encouraged.

With that I let out a huge sob, tears flowed down my face; I could hardly breathe I was crying so hard. But I felt better somehow.

When I’d calmed down, I continued with my confession.

“After that, he used to call me back, I always knew what he was gonna do, but I could never stop him, no matter how hard I tried. In the end I found my best option was to forget everything, drugs and alcohol became my best friends. They helped me forget. But I’d failed that grade, mom thought I’d gotten in with the wrong crowd, I never told her what happened so she sent me to a rehab place. Mom told everyone, even Mikey, that’d I’d been really ill so I was in a special hospital. So I got cleaned up, started high school again but four years later, and the rest you already know….” I finished

*Franks POV*

Oh my god!

All that happened to Gee and no one else knew about it?!

He went through all of that alone?

Well he’s not gonna be alone anymore, I’m gonna be here for him always, he’s my best friend. I’m gonna make sure he knows that, and that he can tell me anything so he never has to go through anything alone ever again.

“Gee, you know you’re my best friend right?” I asked him

“Right…” he answered suspiciously.

“So you can tell me anything no matter what you think or feel about it, ok?” I told him.

“I know Frankie but this wa-” he started.

“No Gerard I don’t want you to go through anything alone anymore!” I admitted.

He sighed and smiled at me.

“So anything else we need to share with each other? I mean seriously no more secrets people!” I said exasperated.

“Nope I’m good…Charlie?” Gerard said looking to her.

“Nah, think the whole baby thing about covered it, Frankie?” she giggled looking to me.

“Nope I’m cool!” I smirked at them.

“Yeah, Frankie can’t hold water so there’s no way he’d have secrets!” Gerard smirked back at me.

I pouted and he gave me one of his famous hugs, his hugs are awesome.

Gerard seems to have cheered up now, and he just moved the conversation on so I’m guessing he doesn't want to talk about it anymore. Not that I blame him.

“So, when’s Mark moving in Charlie?” I questioned.

“What?” she asked shocked.

“Well I need to know so I can tell mom,” I explained.

“Oh don’t worry Frankie, mama Linda’s tired enough from work without adding sleepless nights thanks to a screaming baby, it’s not too long till Mom and dad get the new house so I’ll just get an apartment or something till then, I get that trust fund thing from my nana when I turn 18 so cash isn’t a problem, and seriously I couldn’t ask you or mama
Linda to keep Mark here to, especially when you won’t take rent from me!” she said stubbornly.

When is she gonna get it through her head we don’t mind?

She’s family now, so that means Mark is to.

“So you’re not gonna be here for Christmas then? You know how much moms looking forward to having you here for that!” I tried.

“Awww don’t guilt me!” she wailed.

“Well she is! She can’t wait!” I pushed.

“I’ll come round for Christmas then,” Charlie tried to bargain.

“You have to stay the night before and Christmas night and the night after too!” I demanded.

“Don’t push it short stuff,” she warned jokingly.

“You’re fucking shorter than me!” I protested.

Why does everyone pick on my height? It’s not my fault I’m vertically challenged!!