You Don't Know A Thing About My Sins

25

*Open POV*

“Morning Gee,” Charlie called as Gerard shuffled into the kitchen.

“Morning,” he smiled reaching for the pot of coffee.

A few minutes later, Charlie still hadn’t gotten anywhere in the battle of getting Mark to eat breakfast.

“Mark, don’t be like Mommy, eat in the morning, please,” she had now resorted to begging with the 10 month old.

“Want me to try?” Gerard offered.

“No you just got up its ok,” she smiled at him.

“Seriously Charlie move and let me try,” Gerard commanded.

Charlie sighed and handed Gerard the cereal Mark had been refusing.

“Come on Mark, open up!” Gerard told him, but Mark just giggled at him.

“I know!” Gerard said before making plane noises swooping the spoon in the air and finally into the baby’s mouth.

Gerard placed the now empty bowl in the sink and wrapped his arms round Charlie.

“He really loves you, you know Gee,” she smiled at him.

“I suppose,” he sighed.

“What do you mean?” she questioned.

“Well…never mind it’s stupid,” he said dismissively.

“So, tell me babe,” Charlie pushed.

“It’s just he can say mama and he’s practically got Frankie down, but he can’t say Gee and that’s like, really easy y’know?”

Charlie released herself from Gerard’s grasp and sat in front of Mark.

“Mark, can you say Gee?” she cooed at him.

“Ya!” he replied smiling.

“Ok, say Gee for Mommy?” she questioned.

“No!” Mark stated firmly.

“Who’s this?” Charlie asked pointing to herself.

“Mama!” he squealed.

“And who’s that?” she asked pointing to Frank who just walked through the door still looking half asleep.

“Ankie!” Mark squealed again.

“Good boy! Now who’s that?” Charlie asked him once more but pointing at Gerard this time.

“Dada!” Mark smiled.

“What?” Charlie and Gerard asked shocked.

“Dada!” Mark them pointed to Gerard and repeated what he had just said making it clear who he was talking about, as if his mother was stupid “Dada!”

At this Frank burst out laughing.

He had tears rolling down his cheeks and was doubled over before he could even attempt a coherent sentence.

“Oh man! That’s hilarious! You both loved the idea of Gee being Daddy and neither of you had the balls to tell the other one so the baby did it!” he spluttered out still clutching his side.

Charlie and Gerard stared at each other with a mixture of shock and happiness etched on their faces.

“Dada, up!” Mark commanded.

Gerard walked over to his “son” and picked him up hugging him tightly.

“Well this proves one thing….he picks up on stuff we say….so you really are gonna have to watch you’re language Frankie!” Charlie stated.

Frank’s still the only one who lets cuss words out frequently by accident.

“Shit.” Frank muttered.

“Ankie!” Mark said with a cross face which made everyone laugh at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so I dunno if Mark would be able to talk like that at such a younge age, I'm just going by my nephew who could manage simple words at like 10 months.