You Don't Know A Thing About My Sins

32

*Frank’s POV*

“Shhh, Gerard, it’ll be ok, it’ll be ok.” I soothed.

What the fuck am I saying?

I don’t know if it’ll be ok or not!

Charlie could die!

Why did she do that?!

It was something that girl said to her!

It has to be, she was fine before, wasn’t she?

Oh god I don’t know anything anymore!

Was she feeling like this for ages?

What if she’s been like this since that thing with her uncle and none of us knew about it?!

Oh god!

No! I can’t break down now.

I’ve got to be strong for Gerard.

How the fuck are we going to get to the hospital?

Donna and Don have gone on some trip somewhere in their car; it’s too far to walk.

A cab would be way too expensive…

“Come on gee, let’s go get dressed. I’ll borrow mom’s car and we can drive there okay?” I told him.

“Kay…. I’m sorry Frankie….this must be hard for you too…. I mean she’s your “sister” and I’m here crying on your shoulder and-” he started but I cut him off.

“Gerard, I love you and everything but shut up. You know I don’t mind. What I do mind is you wasting time that could be spent getting ready to get to the hospital, apologizing for something I don’t give a shit about.” I gave him a weak smile and got one in return.

As I walked in the house behind Gerard I let the tears fall freely.

I’m scared shitless right about now.

What if she doesn’t make it?

“Hi, could you tell us where to find Charlie Phillips please?” I asked the receptionist.

She sighed and tapped away at her computer.

“I’m sorry there’s no Charlie Phillips been admitted here. Are you sure you’re at the right hospital?” she asked with a kind of pissed off tone.

“Try Charlotte Phillips.” Gerard suggested.

Again the woman tapped away at her keyboard sighing.

Like your jobs that hard.

Bitch.

“She’s on floor three, room 306.” She sighed.

“Thanks.” I said rushing towards the stairs.

Gerard and I ran up the stairs till we reached the third floor and stopped to catch our breath.

“Fuck…we need….to quit…smoking….” I panted.

“Yeah…and try to….exercise…..more!” Gerard agreed.

We then rushed down the corridor and eventually found room 306.

Just as we were about to walk in a doctor with really nasty cologne stopped us.

“I’m afraid you can’t go in there sir.” He said.

“Why the fuck not?! I’m her goddamn brother!” I raged

“I’m her boyfriend!” Gerard chimed in.

“Oh, well, that’s a different story then, but pleased allow me to fill you in on her condition before hand.” He said.

“Sure.” I replied really wanting to get away from him and to Charlie.

“Well, your sister lost a lot of blood. And although she’s stable for the moment, she’s currently in a coma…” he said gently.

No, no, no, no, no! She can’t be! Some people never wake up from comas!

“Is she….will she….” I started but stopped.

“There’s no telling if or when she’ll wake up. You can still talk to her, try to get a response from her, I can’t promise you she can hear you but she might be able to.” He answered.

“Thank you, come on Gee.” I grabbed his hand and led him through the door.

I held my breath as we entered the room.

Gerard and I both let out a gasp when we saw Charlie…..