You Don't Know A Thing About My Sins

34

*Charlie’s POV*

You have no idea how frustrating this is.

They’re talking to me and I can’t answer them back.

The best I’ve managed yet is to open my eyes.

I feel like a goddamn baby, learning how to do everything again.

Gerard’s still at my side, bless him.

He sent Frankie home not long ago and I think he thinks I’m asleep.

“You got to get better soon Charlie, its Christmas in five days. You can’t miss Marks first Christmas babe. Plus I’m sure Mark hates me and Frank about now. We’re trying our hardest but we’re not mommy. He wants you back so bad. We all do. I love you so much Charlie, it’s killing me you being like this. I know it’s not your fault but I can’t sleep at night without you next to me. That’s why I haven’t left here much. When you’re not around I feel like there’s a piece of me missing. Which is stupid because we haven’t even known each other a year yet and we’ve been dating like a month but…. I don’t know. It’s like you’re my soul mate or something. I really want you back soon Charlie. And you can pretend to be jerking off Frank or get me all horny and then say no sex or feel me up and make me moan in front of your ancient Aunts and I won’t mind one bit, because I’ll have you back.” He sighed looking at his lap with a slight smile.

“I love you too Gerard, so fucking much! I just wish I could tell you…” I sighed.

“Charlie?! You….you spoke! You fucking spoke!” Gerard practically shouted.

“I did?! I did! It doesn’t sound like me….” I said listening to myself.

“Well you haven’t spoken for like a week and a bit, you’re voice is going to be funny baby.” he giggled.

“Pfft no sex for you, laughing at my misfortune, meanie.” I attempted to joke.

“Oh my god…. I can’t believe….can you move?” he asked.

“What?” I questioned.

“Can you move? On second thoughts, don’t try to do anything yet let me get a nurse!” Gerard babbled rushing out of the room and returning with a nurse.

“Now Mr. Way are you sure she spoke? Because it’s very rare for coma patients to recover that fast, perhaps it was-” the nurse rambled before I cut her off

“A miracle? Possibly, because here I am, talking to you.” I smirked.

What? She was accusing Gee of hearing shit! She deserves to be smirked at….

“Oh my sweet Jesus!” the nurse exclaimed.

“Told ‘ya.” Gerard grinned.

“Yeah…not that I don’t like watching a nurse freak out and my boyfriend gloating over him being right for once, but can I try and move yet? Because I’m telling you my butt is really numb right now!” I explained.

“Well it seems you have feeling back Miss Phillips.” she said walking to the end of my bed “Can you wiggle your toes for me?”

I wiggled my toes and then she got me to wiggle my fingers raise and arm leg move my head sit up lie down, you know, all that jazz.

“Well you movement seems to have come back fully functional.” she smiled.

“Great!” I replied about to get up and run to Gerard.

“Miss Phillips! Wait! Standing up right now isn’t the best idea!” she rushed.

“Why the hell not? You just said I was all good!” I asked confused and slightly annoyed.

“Well your movement is. But I’m not sure about balance yet. And you still have you catheter in…” she trailed off.

“Oh…..” I said blushing slightly.

Shit….I was pissing through a tube?! Gross….

She removed the catheter thingy and I stood up to go to Gerard again but my legs wouldn’t move.

“I can’t walk!” I panicked.

“Well that will all come back to you soon enough Miss Phillips. You’re bodies just coping with you standing up after laying down and not moving for a week don’t worry give it a moment.” the nurse smiled at me.

“Gerard….” I whined opening up my arms.

He smiled and rushed towards me enveloping me in a hug.

Oh god after being able to hear him but not hold him this feels like heaven.

Suddenly my legs gave way.

Gerard picked me up though and went to lay me on the bed but I clung to him.

“Gerard no, please don’t let go of me….please…..oh fuck!” I mumbled me head spinning

“What Charlie what’s wrong?” Gerard asked.

But before I had time to answer everything went black….