You Don't Know A Thing About My Sins

36

Before I could answer Frank his cell started to ring.

“Frank! You can have your fucking cell on in a hospital!” Gerard hissed with a horrified look on his face.

“What? It’s not like it really matters dude, no-one cares,” Frank said reaching into his pocket to get the cell.

“I think the coma patient that’s on a life support machine next door might…” I said watching Frank’s face dropped before he ran out the door.

I’m guessing he was going outside to answer the call or something like that.

I wiggled up in the bed and motioned for Gerard to lie next to me but he shook his head.

“Gee,” I whined.

Yeah I’m doing a lot of that today….

“I don’t want to hurt you” he said smiling at me.

I must have look as confused as I was because he giggled and pointed to one of the wires in my arm.

“I don’t want to pull anything out silly,”

“You won’t, and if you do it’s my fault because I say so now come here!” I laughed as he rolled his eyes and lay next to me in the bed.

Snuggling up to me until our foreheads were touching and there was hardly any space between our bodies.

“I missed you,” he whispered.

“I was right here, I could hear everything you said.” I whispered back.

“Yeah but it’s not the same, you couldn’t answer, the only time I really felt close to you, felt like you were really here was when you’d squeeze my hand or open your eyes. The rest of the time it was like you weren’t there…..it’s hard to explain.” He finished.

“I’m sorry Gerard. I’ll never leave you again, I wasn’t thinking straight when I did what I did, I was being selfish…” I was nearly crying now.

I wanted to cry, thinking about how selfish I had been that day; I tried to kill myself not thinking about what it would do to everyone around me.

“Promise you’ll never leave me?” Gerard asked a stray tear rolling down his cheek.

I kissed the tear away and planted soft kisses across his face till my lips were touching his.

“I promise.” I whispered against his soft pink lips before kissing them.