You Don't Know A Thing About My Sins

44

Charlie sat having a mental battle with herself over whether or not to answer the call.

She wanted to answer it, she wanted to hear Gerard’s voice, and she wanted him to tell her it was all a big misunderstanding and that he loved her.

And she knew he would, but he would probably only say it because it’s what she wanted to hear.

Gerard knew it would please her if he said it and that’s why he would, not because it was true but because he hated displeasing people.

“Hey babe, how did you sleep?” Lolly asked as Charlie walked into the kitchen.

“Ok-ish, Gerard rang me a lot…When I went to bed there was sixteen missed calls from him, and he rang five times after before stopping for the night,” she sighed.

“Did you answer any of them?” Lolly enquired.

“No, I don’t want to hear his lies anymore Lolly, I don’t want to be hurt by him again,” Charlie admitted, holding back tears.

“It’s ok hun, we’ll get through this,” Lolly smiled at Charlie and she half-heartedly smiled back.

“Is Mark up yet?” Charlie asked.

“He’s refusing to get up until he can at least talk to Gerard, I tried to explain it to him without giving details but he won’t budge, he said he wants his dad and he’s not moving till he gets him,” Lolly sighed looking sympathetically at Charlie.

She knew this was hard enough for her without her own son hating her for taking him away from his stepfather. But she also felt sorry for Mark as Gerard was the only father he ever known.

“Fine, leave him in there till Gerard calls again. We need to finish our talk anyway,” Charlie sighed looking at her cell.

She wanted Gerard to call, but at the same time she didn’t.

“Ok, so tell me about what happened after Marks birthday,” Lolly urged.

“Ok, well, Gerard was already excited, cause Mark had turned a year old, and then in the evening I told him I pregnant….” Charlie trailed off.

Lolly gasped at hearing this, Charlie had never mentioned being pregnant and didn’t have a child with her other then Mark. And there was no way she would have left it with Gerard….

*flash back*

“A-are….are you sure?” Gerard stuttered.

“Positive, I’m two months pregnant…..sorry Gerard,” Charlie mumbled looking at her feet.

“Why the hell are you sorry?! We’re having a baby!” he grinned hugging Charlie tightly then loosening his grip, laughing.

“I don’t want to squish it,” he said blushing slightly.

“Are you sure you’re ok with this Gee? I mean we’ve only been dating three months, two of which I’ve been carrying your baby….”

“I’m positive! Charlie I love you, so much, this is the best thing that could have ever happened!” Gerard assured her still smiling “And it explains a lot, like why last month you randomly decided to quit smoking, and haven’t drank since new year’s,” he laughed

“Oh god, don’t, I didn’t think I was then and I feel horrible now, what if I hurt the baby?” Charlie rushed.

“You didn’t drink that much don’t worry,” Gerard smiled.

“But people say even the smallest amount of alcohol can give the baby problems...” Charlie trailed off.

“Even if it does have problems, for what ever reason, it’ll still be prefect!” Gerard said.

*end flash back*

“Charlie….you never told me you were pregnant, what happened?” Lolly asked quietly.

“I lost it, I tripped down the stair when I was five months….the fall made me lose the baby….” Charlie answered equally as quite “Is that why Gerard did what he did, because he hated me for killing his baby?”

“No Charlie, he wouldn’t blame you because it wasn’t you’re fault. I know I only met Gerard a few times but he isn’t that sort of person. I’m sure of it, I mean what he did was shocking enough, but he could never blame you for that.” Lolly stated hugging her best friend.

“Mommy! I wants to talk to Dada!” Mark screeched for his bedroom.

Charlie sighed and pulled away from the hug to go to him, as she stood her cell rang.

The caller ID read “Gerard”.