You Don't Know A Thing About My Sins

48

*Lolly’s POV*

I entered the kitchen to find Charlie sipping coffee whilst she ignored Mark’s attempt’s to hurt her feelings.

I feel so sorry for that kid.

All he wants is his dad, in all fairness his dads a cheating bastard, but he just wants him.

I mean Charlie left without letting Mark give Gerard so much as a wave goodbye; she lets them talk on the phone occasionally but ends up making Mark hang up after a few minutes.

So now, he’s rebelling in the only way a four year old can.

By being a brat.

“Hey Mark, you want to come to the shops with me today? They opened up a new comic book store down the road, and I know how you love them so I was thinking you and me could have a look around? Get you a few maybe? What do you think?” I asked placing a hand on his shoulder.

I’m trying my hardest here to cheer him up, I hate comic books and comic book stores but Mark love’s them.

He can barley read, but he’s obsessed with them.

That would be Gerard’s influence; he’s kind of obsessed with them too.

“No thank you aunty Lolly, dada used to read them to me at bed time, and you and mommy wouldn’t does it right.” He sighed.

“Ok hun, well if you change your mind let me know,” I hugged him close before sending him to watch cartoons.

“Gerard called last night,” Charlie said casually.

“Oh yeah, what’d he say?” I asked back.

“Not a lot really,” she said airily.

I could tell she was lying, I can always tell, she thinks I can’t anymore because we were away from each other so long but she hasn’t got a clue how well I still know her.

And the fact that she lied to me, and was so casual about it really pissed me off and I snapped, blurting out things that shouldn’t be said yet, and things that I didn’t mean.

“Fuck sake Charlie open you’re fucking eyes! I can read you like a god damn book still you know! Did you really think I couldn’t tell you were lying? He said something pretty damn important I’m guessing and you won’t believe it, will you? What the hell’s happened to you huh? Where’s the Charlie that I knew gone? The one that cried on my shoulder for practically two days straight because she wasn’t fit to mother her child, the one who rebelled against her parents for months because they were moving her to New Jersey to give her a fresh start? Fuck it! You’ve always been so god damn selfish why did I think that would ever fucking change?! Do you know what you’re doing to your son?! You still aren’t a fit mother Charlie and I’m starting to think praising Gerard for getting away from you while he could is a good idea!” I said furious.

I slapped my hand to my mouth and gasped.

Charlie didn’t move, she didn’t even look upset, to be honest I don’t think she heard half of what I said.

I started to yell so she blocked me out.

“Charlie….babe I’m so sorry,” I said putting my arm round her shoulders.

She grabbed my hand with hers and smiled at me.

“Don’t worry about it…….I need to go out for a little while to arrange something…..” she mumbled.

“Ok then, Mark and I might not be here when you get back if he decides he wants to visit that shop,” I told her nodding.

Charlie left here at eleven AM, it’s now three AM and she hasn’t come home yet……