You Don't Know A Thing About My Sins

5

*still Gerard’s POV*

I excused myself and went to the backyard to have a smoke and sort out my thoughts.

All the repulsive eerie revolting memories had come flooding back and I was about to burst into tears.

I’d successfully forgotten those days except for the occasional nightmare here and there, but now, his laugh was ringing through me ears as if he were holding me again. I shuddered and let a tear roll down my cheek.

I know he’s gone, he’s six feet under and probably half rotten by now but I still felt uneasy when I thought of him, like he was behind me waiting to take me again. I’ll never get over this I know that, but shouldn’t It get easier?

I noticed my smoke had gone out and re-lit it taking a deep drag and holding the toxic fumes in my lungs before blowing the blue fog out into the drizzling rain.

I heard the door open; looking behind me I saw Charlie and frank each with a cancer stick hanging out their mouths. I laughed as we tried huddle under the small roof so we didn’t get wet while feeding our nicotine addictions.

Charlie whispered a thank you in my ear and gave me a peck on the cheek. When she whispered in my ear her hot breath sent shivers down my spine and the kiss gave me butterflies!

That can’t be good.......

Charlie whispered something to Frank and he nudged her gently, as he did her hand accidentally brushed against my ass making me choke on my cigarette.

I gave Frank and Charlie a cheesy grin in return for their odd looks, and finished off my smoke.

*Open POV*

Frank and Gerard walked Charlie and mark back to the house she was staying at. They arrived just as her mother pulled up the drive.

“Where the hell have you been charlotte?! I’ve been searching all over for you! Do you have any idea how worried I was?! What’s gotten into you young lady!” her mother fumed.

Charlie explained what had happened but no one believed her.

Tim her so called uncle had already spun some story that she’d come in high and when he’d refused to let her back out she’d smashed the plant over his head.

“Why would I do that Mom? You know I don’t touch drugs anymore!” Charlie cried.

Frank and Gerard both looked shocked at this.

“Anymore?” they mouthed to each other wondering if the other one knew something they didn’t.

“I don’t know you anymore charlotte, I thought I did but I was wrong.” her mother sighed.

“Well I’m sure as hell not staying here anymore!” Charlie screamed.

“Oh yes you are!” her father shouted.

“No I’m fucking not! You don’t believe me! You don’t trust me! You don’t fucking want me! And I’m not living with a god damn rapist!” she shouted in his face.

“Where do you intend on staying then charlotte? You’re father and I haven’t found a house yet so you can’t move in there and you won’t last long on the streets, so where will you go?” her mother asked in a patronising tone.

“She’ll stay with us,” Frank answered and Gerard nodded in agreement.

Her mother looked stunned by this but before she could protest Charlie had run up the stairs to pack her things followed closely by Gerard and Frank.

After about half an hour her mother came up with mark in her arms.

“How can you leave us Charlie? How can you lie and then walk away from it? You need to face up to you responsibilities!” her mother sighed.

“I have faced up to them Mom, you need to realise that I may have gone off the rails once but I got back on track, if you weren’t so busy comparing me to the others you’d have noticed that.” Charlie spat bitterly at her mother before walking out the door with her bag.

Frank and Gerard followed with the things Charlie couldn’t carry but her mother stopped them.

“Take care of my baby girl, pleased?” she asked them.

They simply nodded and left.