You Don't Know A Thing About My Sins

58

I didn’t even bother to dignify Gerard with an answer.

Instead I used the hand that was resting on top of his to remove it from my stomach, walked up the stairs and into Frank’s room shutting the door behind me in silence.

I walked over to Frank and gently shook him awake.

“Hmm, Charlie? What’s wrong?” he asked sleepily.

I shook my head not wanting to answer on fear that the tears I was doing so well to contain may spill out.

Frank didn’t press me for information this time but he pulled me into a hug and whispered comforting things in my ear.

Sometimes I think I’m with the wrong person.

I mean the first time I saw Frank I thought he was attractive.

And he’s always so sweet and understanding.

Yes he can change but it takes a lot for him to make that change and he always feels guilty after.

And today, the thought of the baby not being Gerard’s never even crossed his mind.

Whereas with Gerard.

I didn’t think of him as attractive when I first met him, sure I thought he was handsome but it’s different.

And although he is sweet and understanding there’s a side of him that can be unleashed at any time with a minimal amount of encouragement and he doesn’t care what’s been said or done afterwards.

And he felt he had to ask me if the baby was his, which hurts a lot.

I moved out of Frank’s arms and sat up.

Hating myself for thinking I should be with him instead of Gerard.

I had sat silently for a moment trying to take in everything that had just happened in a matter of minutes.

Gerard cautiously opened the door and very timidly walked into the room