You Don't Know A Thing About My Sins

76

“Charlie, I said I was sorry, can you stop cold shouldering me now please?” I begged.

“I’m not.” She said.

“Charlie,” I sighed.

“Gerard,” she replied in a monotone.

“Seriously Charlie I didn’t mean to be that way, can we just forget it, please?” I begged her again.

The night Charlie told me about the wedding outfits I was really unenthusiastic about it all, and apparently I’ve been the same every time the subject comes up.

But I don’t think I have been, it’s just I want it to be perfect and planning a wedding is hard work, so with Elena having a bad cough and Mark with his night terrors it’s gonna be hell.

And now Charlie’s holding me to the fact I said we’d start planning it in a month on the day Elena was born, and she’s six weeks old now.

“Gerard if you don’t want to marry me just says so, because I can’t keep this up!” she blurted out.

“What?! Oh course I want to marry you! It’s just I think it would be best to wait until the kids settle down!” I told her.

“Do you realise since we got re-engaged you’ve been the one postponing planning? You postponed it because I was pregnant, and then because Elena needed to be older, and now because the kids are ill! Children get sick Gerard!” she snapped at me.

Ok what?! So now it’s all my fault?!

“What the fuck Charlie? Why are you being so bitchy about it! We’ve waited this long what’s a little while longer?!” I snapped back.

“You’re something else you know that Gerard?” she asked angrily before storming out the kitchen.

I assumed she’d gone to our room to calm down or cry until I heard the front door slam, then I thought she must have gone for a walk but I heard the car starting up.

Wait……Charlie can’t drive……

“Charlie what the fuck are you doing?! Our kids are in the damn car! You know you can’t drive!”