Old School Love

the fear

We got to her house and I watched Eve’s face go from all smiles to a horrified look. She hopped off of her porch stairs and tried to shoo me back to the sidewalk but it was too late. I heard screaming and a glass break. Her face looked horrified.
“Look M right now is not a good time I’ll see you later.”
“Evelyn please be careful bruises don’t heal easily. Call me later to let me know you are ok and don’t make me send Gorilla over here if I get too worried.”
I watched her attempt to smile and hug me quick before she walked in the house she gave me a small smile as she whispered, “by the way you smell really good.” Then she cut out into the house. I heard the screaming get louder and I started to walk home. Now I was fearful for myself. What about my mother? She didn’t even know I was leaving. I thought about what E said though. I smelled good? I picked up my shirt and sniffed it and was repulsed. I smell just like him EW. I now needed a shower; better yet I have something that will keep my mind off of my problems and my new best friends. I never thought I would be wrapped up into something like this. I am making out with the baddest guy in town and I like it. That brought a small smile to my face and he was hot. I got back to my house and fear struck in again. Aunt Renee’s car was gone so was my mom awake or sleeping. I got into the house and it was silent. I sighed and thanked every thing that I made it home okay. I got upstairs to my room and stripped my clothes off. I was not smelling like a big smelly ape all day okay. I stepped into the hot shower and prayed it cleaned his smell off of me. After my shower I did my normal lotion routine then I got dressed in my baggy camo cargo shorts and my black 69 eyes t shirt. I grabbed my chucks and sat around watching TV for awhile. I walked past my mother’s room and she was passed out with a bottle of Jack Daniel’s in her hand. I shook my head and walked down stairs. I was more than thankful when my phone rang. I answered it quickly and walked outside not to disturb my mother. Eve’s obviously crying voice was on the other end.
“Hey Margaret I just wanted you to know that I am okay.”
“Eve what happened?”
“Well I trust you enough not to say anything, so I am going to tell you. My step dad and mother argue all the time. Majority of the time it’s over me. He hates me and I never did a damn thing to him. I fear most men now because of him. When things get to bad between them he … I don’t want to go there. Now why did you say what you said about the bruises?” Should I tell her? I am not sure. Maybe later.
“Well I can’t really talk about it right now can I come by and see you?”
“Oh no I’m grounded for two weeks because of the argument they had. It was over his precious daughter and how she was doing everything so I am grounded to the house for two weeks I am allowed my phone though. But I have to go I will call you later ok doll?”
“Yea ok E,” I heard screaming then the phone hangs up. I shook my head I need to tell her but can I? Can I trust her not to run her mouth? As far as I know she hadn’t said anything about her own parents so what should I do? I heard something stop in front of my house and I looked up to see that familiar low rider and Joker get out of it.
“What are you doing here?”
“Well I was cruising through the neighborhood and seen you outside.”
“Stalker,” I did grin though.
“Just for that I am not asking you to go bowling with me.”
“You were gonna ask me?”
“Well me and the guys are going you wanna roll?”
“Yea sure,” I seen Gorilla peak his head out the window.
“But shawty youz in da back wit those loserz cuz I roll first class.” Joker shook his head. “Critter get yo ass in the back seat. I heard him cuss under his breath. He was obviously a bad whisperer. I climbed in the front seat and we sped off.