Shotgun Sinner!

Chapter 6: He's Coming...

Chapter 6: He's Coming..

I slept dreamlessly that night, which I was thankful for. I didn't need Bert and his 'friend' Gerard in my thoughts while I slept. Well, maybe Gerard. I knew that I shouldn't, but I thought he was hot.. If Bert knew, he would kill me!

I woke to blinding sunlight, someone had opened the blinds fully. I made a mental note to tell the nurse not to. I pressed the 'call' button on the left side of the bed. I winced as I stretched my burned arm to reach it.

"Could you bring me something to eat? I'm starving." I said into the speaker.

"Sure, the nurse will be up in a minute." The nurse's voice spilled from the speaker. She was bored, I could tell. I wasn't surprised, she has to sit at that damn desk all day long.. That would get boring after a while wouldn't it?

Finally the nurse came up with a menu of what they had. I looked at the menu in disappointment, they didn't have anything even halfway good! I probably shouldn't have been surprised, hospitals never have good food. I spotted the word 'cereal'. I asked for a bowl of it and some water. The nurse scurried out of the room and shut the door firmly behind her..

Then my cell phone rang. I looked at the caller ID with suspicion. It read 'BERT'. Dammit! I really didn't want to talk to him. Why couldn't he just leave me the fuck alone?
The phone rang once, then again, and again.. I debated weather I should answer it or not. I finally decided the first would be best.. The phone's ringing was about to give me as headache. And I would have to pay for not answering it.

"Hello?" I said, anxiously. What did he possibly want?

"What was that about yesterday, Frank?" He had venom and malice in his voice. My heart rate sped up considerably.

"W-what? What d-do you m-mean?" I began to stutter and shake.. He was going to hurt me the next time he saw me.. I could tell by the sound of his voice.

" I think you know exactly what the fuck I'm talking about. " I shuddered. I DID know what he was talking about. I just found it easier to play dumb.

"Why did you try to stop me? I wanted you, and you wanted me." I did not want him! Not then and I don't think I would ever want him again.. But did I tell him that?

"I-I don't know.. Gerard was staring at us." Nope, I didn't tell him.

"What the FUCK?!!? Who the fuck cares, Frank? Are you embarrassed to be with me around other people?"

"N-no.." I said. I was hopeful that he wouldn't be mad enough to come down here.
"Gerard cares." I said quietly. I soon as I muttered those words, I wished that I could take them back.

"GERARD?" Damn, he had some lungs there! "Gerard's the reason that you wouldn't have sex with me? You're worried about Gerard's feelings?"

"Well, yeah.." I said, getting brave. " If you were a good friend to him you would too!" I slapped my hand to my mouth and cursed.. Brave = stupid!
I slapped myself in the face and waited for his screamed response.
But he didn't yell, he didn't scream.. He simply said.

"I am coming down there." Shit! His voice was so quiet, so calm, that I wished he had yelled. I trembled and laid my head against the hospital bed..

Suddenly the door opened and I shrieked in fear. He was coming! The nurse peeked her head in and said.

"Is this not a good time? Are you having a fag moment? That shriek sounded suspiciously girly." She smirked and tapped her foot impatiently. She was waiting for a fucking answer!

"Whatever, just give me my fucking cereal." She crossed the room, head high in the air.
"And another thing, you are the w-" I gasped as she 'accidentally' spilled my cereal all over my hospital gown. She smirked and a triumphant look crossed her face.

"Oops, sorry. I get you another." She giggled, her voice dripping with fake concern. I glared into her face and grimaced as I felt the cold, wet milk sink through the thin cloth. The soggy Cheerios laid across the bed and my lap.

"You fucker! That was on purpose!" I yelled, angry as hell.

"Well, you should have thought of that when you decided to be the fagot that you are. " I looked at her with the most rage I could muster.

"I'm fucking asking for another nurse."

"That won't work sweetheart." I raised my eyebrows at her and rolled my eyes.

She headed for the door and I had to ask for one more thing.

"Um.. Could you-.. Um, if anyone comes to visit me. If his name is 'Bert', could you tell him to go away?"

"Umm, let me think about that for one minute.. What's the word I'm looking for, oh yeah! NO!"

"You are so FUCKING childish!" I roared. I hated this woman's guts and I wasn't about to pretend that I liked her.

"I know."