Stuffed Animals

Joe's Got PMS

“Kevin, can I talk to you?” I asked him, walking into his and Joe’s room. I decided to tell him about Joe’s and mine’s relationship. I mean, he had a right to know, he’s in the band with us. And then me and Joe can be a little more free with our relationship. Kevin and I are the only ones home. Mom, dad, and Joe are all visiting Frankie at the hospital.

“Yea, sure, what’s on your mind?” he smiled.

I sat down on Joe’s bed across from him.

“Well, I’m afraid you’ll hate us.”

“Us?”

“Me and Joe.” I told him.

“Well, I’m your brother. I could never hate you. No matter how atrocious it is, I would never tell you I hated you. Because nothing could make me hate you. So just tell me.” he assured me.

I smiled, stood up and hugged him. I sat down beside him and sighed.

“Um… Joe and I are together.” I whispered.

“Like dating?” he asked. I nodded. “Finally! It took you guys long enough.” Wait, what?

“Wait, you’re not mad or anything?” I asked, shocked.

“Mad? No way. I’m happy for you guys. It doesn’t take a genius to see how in love you two are. Besides, love is love, it’s a beautiful thing.” I smiled. “So how long?”

“3 months.” I told him still smiling.

“Aww. How cute.” he gushed. I blushed and looked away.

“Well that’s all I wanted to say.” I said getting up. “Wanna watch TV with me?”

“Sure.”

We chilled in the living room watching The Simpsons until our parents got back with Joe. Us three went upstairs and Kevin turned off to go to his and Joe’s room while Joe and I kept going to my room.

“See you later, lovebirds!” Kevin called quietly. I blushed.

“What did he just say?” Joe asked as I closed my door.

“I told him about us.” I said nonchalantly.

“You told him!?”

“Yea, I was going insane not telling anyone.”

“Oh, so are you going to tell mom and dad now, huh?” what the hell? Joe’s never been like this before.

“No, I--”

“Whatever.” he left. A tear sprung from my eye. He didn’t let me say anything. I crashed on my bed and started crying. I held onto my teddy and lizard as if my left depended on it.

~2 days later~

“Nick?” Kevin knocked on my door.

“Come in.” I mumbled almost inaudibly.

“Nick, what happened? Joe won’t talk to me.”

“He’s mad because I told you.”

“Did you guys fight?” he asked quietly.

“I’m not sure if it qualifies as a fight, he wouldn’t let me tell him anything. He wouldn’t let me explain at all.”

“Aww, Nicky, I’ll try and talk to him ok?” I nodded and Kevin pulled me into a hug.

After he left, I sighed and hugged my teddy tighter. I barely let it go in the last 2 days.

~2 more days~

I took a quick shower after eating supper. Joe still isn’t talking to me. I seem to have run myself dry on tears recently. I just don’t have the will to cry anymore. It was such a stupid fight.

I sighed as I re-entered my room in a towel. After throwing on some boxers. I climbed into bed and sat there, holding my teddy close to me.

Someone knocked on my door. Thinking it was Kevin again, I told them to come in.

“Nicky?” they called uncertainly.

Oh my god, Joe.

“Nicky, I’m really sorry. I’ve realized that I shouldn’t have overreacted so much. I still love you.” By the end of his speech, I was almost in tears. I turned to look at him and he smiled.

“I got you this, baby.” he held out a small soft plush penguin. Then he told me one of the best quotes in the world. “When penguins find a mate, they stay with the same mate for the rest of their lives. Will you be my penguin, Nicky?”

Okay, scratch that, I am crying now. I took the penguin from him and grinned, nodding.

Joe grinned back and laid down next to me on my bed. We kissed passionately.

“I love you, Joe.” I told him when we pulled apart..

“I love you too.” We shared a few more kisses before I fell asleep in his arms, clutching my new penguin to my chest as if my life depended on it, because it did.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment!